MVC targeting Valpo & Murray State to create 11 team league

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC targeting Valpo & Murray State to create 11 team lea

Postby squirrel » April 20th, 2017, 1:00 pm

OTOH, if the current guy doesn't get it done, Murray can hire Mark Gottfried back and go on a run in the league.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ValpoTX » April 20th, 2017, 1:07 pm

AP did get us to the tournament in his SO season, when we lost by 3 to Maryland, with the chance to tie at the buzzer (bogus no call on an obvious wrist slap by the defender). There will not be a drop-off at Valpo, regardless of not having a Drew. Recruits know that if they come to Valpo, that we are committed to winning games. You can see that by looking at the 14 regular season titles/9 NCAA bids and 20 winning record seasons in the last 22 years. It is a legitimate concern to wonder what may happen, but you can look at our recruits and see that we are still getting the same types of players who have contributed to this success, regardless of conference. We were winning lots of games before AP, and will continue to do so.
ValpoTX
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby TheAsianSensation » April 20th, 2017, 1:27 pm

I don't worry too much about Valpo's lack of quantity in NCAA tourney bids. The Horizon has kind of been a tire fire when it comes to conference tournaments as of late. I'm more happy that Valpo tried to schedule up last year when they knew they were the favorites, and tried to put themselves on the at-large map.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TheAsianSensation » April 20th, 2017, 1:30 pm

Lakesbison wrote:^^^^ No one is gonna comment on this? why is the MVC afraid of NDSU?

We're not afraid of your basketball.

We're afraid of your football. Every member in this league is a basketball-first school. We just simply do not want a football-first school. It's really as simple as that. Your mission doesn't fit our mission.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby squirrel » April 20th, 2017, 1:36 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:
We're afraid of your football. Every member in this league is a basketball-first school. We just simply do not want a football-first school. It's really as simple as that. Your mission doesn't fit our mission.

Boom. Also, there's a fine line between lobbying for membership and droning on and on and on about it.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 20th, 2017, 1:43 pm

squirrel wrote:
TheAsianSensation wrote:

Boom. Also, there's a fine line between lobbying for membership and droning on and on and on about it.

If he is lobbying for membership, he probably should be lobbying to the brass of the MVC, not message board posters.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 20th, 2017, 1:46 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
squirrel wrote:
TheAsianSensation wrote:

If he is lobbying for membership, he probably should be lobbying to the brass of the MVC, not message board posters.

He's been banned by NDSU's athletic department. He is a cancer that NDSU distances itself from at every chance.

That's not a lie. That is straight from people very, very, well connected at NDSU that I know.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Lakesbison » April 20th, 2017, 1:55 pm

uniftw wrote:

Boom. Also, there's a fine line between lobbying for membership and droning on and on and on about it.[/quote]

If he is lobbying for membership, he probably should be lobbying to the brass of the MVC, not message board posters.[/quote]
He's been banned by NDSU's athletic department. He is a cancer that NDSU distances itself from at every chance.

That's not a lie. That is straight from people very, very, well connected at NDSU that I know.[/quote]

are you clinically insane?? I am not banned from anything, I played there, I graduated there, I am currently a booster. this type of slanderous BS is beyond ridiculous and I would hope a moderator will do something about it. I run BisoNation, I run NDSU football fans facebook page with 17,000 members. no 1 is distancing themselves

I have not attacked 1 person on this board, I have brought facts and information, its a shame that you cant cordially exchange messages on a board uniftw. seek help

ps- I get it , this what UNI did to NDSU before in football, and they don't want to see NDSU do the same in basketball. I understand. NDSU is big enough to be a Football & Basketball school, trust me.
Last edited by Lakesbison on April 20th, 2017, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » April 20th, 2017, 2:03 pm

Lakesbison wrote:
uniftw wrote:

If he is lobbying for membership, he probably should be lobbying to the brass of the MVC, not message board posters.[/quote]

That's not a lie. That is straight from people very, very, well connected at NDSU that I know.[/quote]No one believes you.

are you clinically insane?? I am not banned from anything, I played there, I graduated there, I am currently a booster. this type of slanderous BS is beyond ridiculous and I would hope a moderator will do something about it.

I have not attacked 1 person on this board, I have brought facts and information, its a shame that you cant cordially exchange message on a board with that uniftw. seek help[/quote]
I'll wait for your e-mail threatening a lawsuit. I've gotten one from you before - where you stole my e-mail from a form for where you work. That is the only way you'd have gotten it. A form that didn't go to your desk.

You then threatened me with a lawsuit over nothing.

You cry on every board about this type of thing. Threaten suits, cry about slander and libel, and never use them correctly. Move on with your life. NDSU isn't getting in.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » April 20th, 2017, 2:06 pm

I now think the Valley should invite NDSU so Evansville fans can spend the next 20 years lamenting this board only being a pissing match between UNI and NDSU.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball