Voting

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Voting

Postby uniftw » May 8th, 2017, 11:46 am

PurpleAcesFootball wrote:
Another question - what exactly are the presidents voting on?

A. Offer an invitation to said school(s) to join the conference?
B. Accept said school(s) request to join the conference?
C. Offer an invitation to said school(s) to join the conference, which has already been conditionally accepted by them?

Let's take Valpo for example. Will tomorrow's story be "Valpo is now the 10th member of the MVC" (B or C)
or
"MVC extends invitation to Valpo to become 10th member, Valpo Board to vote on accepting invitation next week." (A)

I can't imagine A happening without some sort of assurances that the school's answer is going to be yes. (Belmont, for example.)

At this point, any school that gets an offer has already said yes. There will likely need to be a BOR held by the school to formally accept the invite, but an invitation wouldn't be given without a "We accept" before the invite. In that way your A, B and C are all the same.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 8th, 2017, 4:14 pm

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8401782048

Mark Adams us hearing it's still just Valpo for THIS season. No mention of future additions though.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby squirrel » May 8th, 2017, 4:19 pm

I apologize in advance for Bradley's President Roberts. Dude doesn't get it.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RacerJoeD » May 8th, 2017, 5:15 pm

Murray is fine with a delayed entry. Just don't leave us in the wind twisting...
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby underdawg » May 8th, 2017, 5:42 pm

I'm not--Murray should be in in B-ball this year IMO--I don't want their players taking flack from other OVC fans for a whole year--Wichita was worried about that with their team leaving the Valley. THat's why they wanted out this year. Let Murray in for football in two years so they can adjust their schedule easier--UND did that
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheAsianSensation » May 8th, 2017, 5:56 pm

squirrel wrote:I apologize in advance for Bradley's President Roberts. Dude doesn't get it.

I am not amused by these developments.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby RacerJoeD » May 8th, 2017, 6:14 pm

underdawg wrote:I'm not--Murray should be in in B-ball this year IMO--I don't want their players taking flack from other OVC fans for a whole year--Wichita was worried about that with their team leaving the Valley. THat's why they wanted out this year. Let Murray in for football in two years so they can adjust their schedule easier--UND did that

No different than usual, except there is a light at the end of he tunnel. Lol
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dawgbit » May 8th, 2017, 6:22 pm

From a trusted source, it is Valpo. Came down to Valpo and Murray. Murray lost out on two counts, both self-inflicted. There was considerable concern that there would be a problem, come 2020, when new NCAA academic rules are instituted, that there would be a problem with Murray. They don't really have a record of recruiting a whole lot of dean's list basketball players. The other issue was that Murray State University has been emailing current SIU students, informing them that SIU is on the verge of financial collapse, and they really need to transfer to Murray (good old Murray State!). I don't think this went over real well with existing MVC schools, pretty slimy in my opinion. The source is about as close to the fire as you can get, without getting burned by the fire.
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » May 8th, 2017, 6:23 pm

Surely there is a copy of that e-mail floating out there then.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Dawgbit » May 8th, 2017, 6:25 pm

uniftw wrote:Surely there is a copy of that e-mail floating out there then.

I graduated a long time ago, could not tell you.
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball