Ramblers add Lobos Transfer

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Blers » June 9th, 2017, 11:47 am

Aher Uguak out of New Mexico State. Pretty much confirms rumors that Tyson Smith will not be playing next year and will receive a medical waiver as rumored.

Uguak is a 6'7 guard. Super athlete but also pretty raw when it comes to the game. Based on what i saw on the Lobos board the redshirt year should do him good. He was apparently already an above defender (for a freshmen) but needs to work on his offensive skills. Only averaged 1ppg on 7mpg. Still averaged 27 points 11 boards and 6 assists in high school. Likely will be a boom or bust type.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ramblers add Lobos Transfer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » June 9th, 2017, 11:50 am

This kid settled for a sub-par program.

I'm really starting to wonder why all these players who come from winning high school programs continue to go to Moser. This is a guy who has and will never win anything, his last wining season as a head coach was 14 years ago.

What type of lies is he telling these kids. Kids need to realize this guy is a loser and couldn't coach his way out a paper bag.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » June 9th, 2017, 1:45 pm

why iz u mean 2 us?
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VUGrad1314 » June 10th, 2017, 12:49 am

Make MVC Great Again wrote:This kid settled for a sub-par program.

I'm really starting to wonder why all these players who come from winning high school programs continue to go to Moser. This is a guy who has and will never win anything, his last wining season as a head coach was 14 years ago.

What type of lies is he telling these kids. Kids need to realize this guy is a loser and couldn't coach his way out a paper bag.

This post is so factually inaccurate it's hard to know where to begin. Firstly, Moser has notched two winning seasons in the past three years with the last one coming just this past season.

Second, his 24-13 mark in 2014-2015 culminated in a CBI Championship. So much for never winning anything.

Third, if the preseason prognosticators are to be believed, Loyola's rebuilding efforts are about to pay off in a big way. The Ramblers are widely viewed as one of the preseason darlings of the Valley. Yes, I realize that the predictions mean nothing and that it's the results on the floor matter; but it sounds as though the talent is there to make you eat these words.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » June 15th, 2017, 3:10 pm

VUGrad1314 wrote:

This post is so factually inaccurate it's hard to know where to begin. Firstly, Moser has notched two winning seasons in the past three years with the last one coming just this past season.

Second, his 24-13 mark in 2014-2015 culminated in a CBI Championship. So much for never winning anything.

Third, if the preseason prognosticators are to be believed, Loyola's rebuilding efforts are about to pay off in a big way. The Ramblers are widely viewed as one of the preseason darlings of the Valley. Yes, I realize that the predictions mean nothing and that it's the results on the floor matter; but it sounds as though the talent is there to make you eat these words.

First, I was referring to Moser never having an above .500 conference record. He can schedule all the D2 games he wants, but has repeatedly flopped on conference play.

Second, it would have been embarrassing if a Missouri Valley team couldn't have won the CBI. The field was terrible, I know low-majors like Valpo and Loyola like to celebrate minscule achievements like that.

Third, why are you defending them? They are the reason this conference is where it is at and made Wichita State leave the league. You and them should be good friends at the bottom of the conference.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » June 15th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Are you this blindly angry in person?
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VUGrad1314 » June 15th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Make MVC Great Again wrote:
VUGrad1314 wrote:

First, I was referring to Moser never having an above .500 conference record. He can schedule all the D2 games he wants, but has repeatedly flopped on conference play.

Second, it would have been embarrassing if a Missouri Valley team couldn't have won the CBI. The field was terrible, I know low-majors like Valpo and Loyola like to celebrate minscule achievements like that.

Third, why are you defending them? They are the reason this conference is where it is at and made Wichita State leave the league. You and them should be good friends at the bottom of the conference.

First, I'm glad you made that point clear in your reply.I would not expect a lifelong MVC fan to make such an easily refutable statement. Please be clearer in the future , as anybody would have read your statement in the same way I did.

Second, while it lacks the prestige of other tournaments, winning the CBI or any tournament is worthy of celebration by the fanbase and to a lesser extent the conference as a whole since it is positive press that raises the profile of the school and the conference.

Third, Creighton's departure the Koch bros money and the promise of a better TV deal in the AAC made Wichita State leave. The Shockers were leaving regardless of what the MVC did and had been planning to do so for years. The MVC could have added Dayton Belmont Murray State Valpo Loyola and SLU and the Shockers still would have bailed.

As for your comment about "low majors" I'm not sure how Valpo qualifies as such since our win total the past three years exceeds all current MVC members our seven year KenPom beats all current members except Northern Iowa and our sixteen year average is just a hair below Murray State who everyone was falling all over themselves to add to the MVC. If that's a low major then Gonzaga Butler Creighton and Wichita State must still be mid majors.

As for who I'm 'defendng ' I'm not so much defending Loyola as I am defending the truth and objective reality. I don't care which schools you bash. Bash Loyola. Bash Valpo. Bash the MVC as a whole. Bash away to your heart's content, all I ask is that whatever bashing you do be grounded in at least some semblance of some sort of factual basis.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » June 16th, 2017, 11:40 am

Blers wrote:Are you this blindly angry in person?

Are you this delusional in person about Loyola basketball?
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Make MVC Great Again » June 16th, 2017, 11:47 am

Third, if the preseason prognosticators are to be believed, Loyola's rebuilding efforts are about to pay off in a big way. The Ramblers are widely viewed as one of the preseason darlings of the Valley. Yes, I realize that the predictions mean nothing and that it's the results on the floor matter; but it sounds as though the talent is there to make you eat these words.[/quote]

Third, why are you defending them? They are the reason this conference is where it is at and made Wichita State leave the league. You and them should be good friends at the bottom of the conference.[/quote]

First, I'm glad you made that point clear in your reply.I would not expect a lifelong MVC fan to make such an easily refutable statement. Please be clearer in the future , as anybody would have read your statement in the same way I did.

Second, while it lacks the prestige of other tournaments, winning the CBI or any tournament is worthy of celebration by the fanbase and to a lesser extent the conference as a whole since it is positive press that raises the profile of the school and the conference.

Third, Creighton's departure the Koch bros money and the promise of a better TV deal in the AAC made Wichita State leave. The Shockers were leaving regardless of what the MVC did and had been planning to do so for years. The MVC could have added Dayton Belmont Murray State Valpo Loyola and SLU and the Shockers still would have bailed.

As for your comment about "low majors" I'm not sure how Valpo qualifies as such since our win total the past three years exceeds all current MVC members our seven year KenPom beats all current members except Northern Iowa and our sixteen year average is just a hair below Murray State who everyone was falling all over themselves to add to the MVC. If that's a low major then Gonzaga Butler Creighton and Wichita State must still be mid majors.

As for who I'm 'defendng ' I'm not so much defending Loyola as I am defending the truth and objective reality. I don't care which schools you bash. Bash Loyola. Bash Valpo. Bash the MVC as a whole. Bash away to your heart's content, all I ask is that whatever bashing you do be grounded in at least some semblance of some sort of factual basis.[/quote]

I look forward to positive discussion with Valpo fans in the future.

So you are admitting the league has fallen from its grace of the mid 2000s by saying it was inevitable the Shockers would have left. Insert Loyola and Valpo here.

What makes you think Loyola and Valpo can even come close to replacing what WSU and CU meant for this league?
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BEARZ77 » June 16th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Make MVC Great Again wrote:So you are admitting the league has fallen from its grace of the mid 2000s by saying it was inevitable the Shockers would have left. Insert Loyola and Valpo here.What makes you think Loyola and Valpo can even come close to replacing what WSU and CU meant for this league?

Why would anyone expect Loyola and Valpo to have to replace Creighton and WSU; that's just stupid. If anyone is supposed to replace them, that falls on current members like UNI/MSU/Bradley /ISUr. The new members are simply asked to be competitive and continually look to upgrade their level from where it was entering the league. Clearly Loyola has done that so far. The MVC has undergone change multiple times in the past, and will probably see additional change in the next couple years. It's ridiculous to expect the incoming teams to immediately match the level of who departed. Did any of the additions in the 70's/80's match what Louisville, Cincy, or Memphis were. Of course not, but the league found it's niche and teams like SIU, ISU,Tulsa , and Creighton established themselves . WSU was pitiful in the 90's but the league continued to find teams to represent it nationally during that time. It will do so again during this transition. Times change, leagues change, teams have ebb and flow; that's college basketball.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting