FBI crackdown on "bribery, corruption, and fraud" in NCAA

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: FBI crackdown on "bribery, corruption, and fraud" in NCA

Postby BirdsEyeView » September 29th, 2017, 11:23 am

Stop giving Shocker fans a reason to comment. Whoever mentioned Gregg Marshall as potentially part of this corruption/bribery is completely at fault for the past few comments.

Stop stirring the pot for no reason.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mvfcfan » September 29th, 2017, 12:28 pm

underdawg wrote:Hey stickboy--what is the address of the AAC board you shock fans frequent besides Shockernet and lurking here?

Here's one here that seems to be pretty active. Maybe some of you Wichita trolls would like to give it a try. http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=409

I was reading through that board and I found it interesting that they seem to think that there is a P6 and a G4. Pretty delusional if you ask me. There are only 3 schools in that conference that a P5 conference might pick up and that is Connecticut, Cincinnati, and Houston. Connecticut could eventually go ACC if the ACC ever made BC accept them. Houston and Cincy could probably go B12 if they ever decide to expand.

Now back on topic. I think it would absolutely hilarious if Gregg Marshall left Wichita State for a better paying job somewhere else. There should be several openings once this investigation is over.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvfcfan » September 29th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Another bright side of this is when (hopefully) Louisville gets put on massive probation the Missouri Valley will have the second best team in the state of Kentucky (Murray State). And yes, I'm 99.9999% positive that the Racers will be in the league for the 2018-19 season.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » September 30th, 2017, 9:55 am

mvfcfan wrote:Another bright side of this is when (hopefully) Louisville gets put on massive probation the Missouri Valley will have the second best team in the state of Kentucky (Murray State). And yes, I'm 99.9999% positive that the Racers will be in the league for the 2018-19 season.

While Louisville was one of the schools paying it's coach more you do realize Gregg Marshall is already in the top 10 of coaches salaries in the country. Not sure many jobs will open up where Gregg could actually make more. He's got it pretty good right now. Wichita State is paying him like a top 10 coach.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » September 30th, 2017, 10:34 pm

I heard a statement today that it's possible close to 100 schools may be involved in this scandel. If so I would think a MVC school of two might be implicated. I certainly hope not.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvfcfan » October 1st, 2017, 9:54 am

glm38 wrote:I heard a statement today that it's possible close to 100 schools may be involved in this scandel. If so I would think a MVC school of two might be implicated. I certainly hope not.

I don't think any MVC schools will be involved in this. None of our schools are recruiting 5 star, potential one and done players. I think that for the most part the schools that will be involved in this scandal will be from the Power 5, the Big East, the American, and maybe some bigger name mid major programs.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » October 1st, 2017, 5:45 pm

glm38 wrote:I heard a statement today that it's possible close to 100 schools may be involved in this scandel. If so I would think a MVC school of two might be implicated. I certainly hope not.

I’m pretty sure you have nothing to worry about. If there was a MVC team implicated it would probably considered the worst return on investment.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » October 1st, 2017, 9:17 pm

There is no way 100 schools are involved in this. The shoe companies are looking for big stars. The only sure turn on investment have to be schools who are seriously recruiting 5* players. I would be surprised if the numbers were much more (if any) than 20-25 schools. If you make a list of most likely(Arizona, UCLA, Oregon, Kentucky, KU, LSU, North Carolina, Auburn, Louisville, Baylor, OSU, etc. etc. this is enough to rock the NCAA world.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » October 2nd, 2017, 3:59 am

mvcfan wrote:

There is no way 100 schools are involved in this. The shoe companies are looking for big stars. The only sure turn on investment have to be schools who are seriously recruiting 5* players. I would be surprised if the numbers were much more (if any) than 20-25 schools. If you make a list of most likely(Arizona, UCLA, Oregon, Kentucky, KU, LSU, North Carolina, Auburn, Louisville, Baylor, OSU, etc. etc. this is enough to rock the NCAA world.

I'm just repeating what what was reported nationally.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RacerJoeD » October 2nd, 2017, 6:16 am

The thing to remember is that the ones who get commits from five star guys probably aren’t the only ones offering money. I wouldn’t be surprised if schools like SMU, WKU, and even schools like DePaul wouldn’t be listed among the blue bloods, but those teams could very much be included. If teams from Kentucky all the way down to WKU are involved, the number could be 100 programs.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball