Bradley vs. Robert Morris Chicago Exhibition

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bradley vs. Robert Morris Chicago Exhibition

Postby Redbirdgrad » November 7th, 2017, 2:48 pm

BradleyFan71 wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:They'll win more than last year, but aren't threatening for a bye in St. Louis anytime soon.

Redbirdgrad wrote:I think you'll finish in 6th this year.

Makes perfect sense to me. :huh:

Ha! Good catch. What I was thinking and what I typed were two very different things.

What I meant to infer with my first statement is I don't think you'll challenge for top 2 in the league anytime soon. I think playing the winners of the play-in games is a "bye" the way the MVC sets up. It's always been a bye game in the past.

Yes, it's true the top 6 teams in the league truly get a bye, so that's my bad. I just meant to say that you wont be challenging for a top 2 spot in the league. I said that incorrectly, that's completely my bad.

Anyone thinking Bradley will be 3rd this year is out of their mind though. You're slowly rebuilding, but even in a weak MVC, the talent level just isn't there. Bradley will continue to struggle to win on the road, and everything I'm seeing this year puts them 5th or 6th. I'm thinking 6th.

My apologies on how I stated the original point. That's 100% on me.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BradleyFan71 » November 7th, 2017, 7:32 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
BradleyFan71 wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:They'll win more than last year, but aren't threatening for a bye in St. Louis anytime soon.

Redbirdgrad wrote:I think you'll finish in 6th this year.

Makes perfect sense to me. :huh:

Ha! Good catch. What I was thinking and what I typed were two very different things.

What I meant to infer with my first statement is I don't think you'll challenge for top 2 in the league anytime soon. I think playing the winners of the play-in games is a "bye" the way the MVC sets up. It's always been a bye game in the past.

Yes, it's true the top 6 teams in the league truly get a bye, so that's my bad. I just meant to say that you wont be challenging for a top 2 spot in the league. I said that incorrectly, that's completely my bad.

Anyone thinking Bradley will be 3rd this year is out of their mind though. You're slowly rebuilding, but even in a weak MVC, the talent level just isn't there. Bradley will continue to struggle to win on the road, and everything I'm seeing this year puts them 5th or 6th. I'm thinking 6th.

My apologies on how I stated the original point. That's 100% on me.

The talent level was good enough to finish tied with Missouri State for 6th place last season. The three guys that left played a total of 218 minutes last season, so everyone of any value is returning.

I have no idea how the conference will play out this season. It's completely up for grabs as far as I'm concerned.
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Old School MVC » November 7th, 2017, 8:30 pm

BradleyFan71 wrote:The talent level was good enough to finish tied with Missouri State for 6th place last season. The three guys that left played a total of 218 minutes last season, so everyone of any value is returning.

I have no idea how the conference will play out this season. It's completely up for grabs as far as I'm concerned.

This is a very valid point! If I recall, Bradley also won easily over MSU in Peoria. I do agree with Redbirdgrad when he says Bradley will not be in the top 3 (I put them 7), but understand the Brave nation's point of show us the love "we tied with MSU last year" talk. Most everyone says the Bears have the most talent in the Valley, but yet they were only 6th last year. I know we all like to blame it on Lusk, but I doubt he has become Coach K over this past summer, so why do we all place them top 2 (me included)? The conference is seriously up for grabs this year, and we all need to hope that the entire Valley has a great OOC season. That killed our conference ranking last year. I can not remember the exact data, but I think we lost something like 25 or more 1 possession games in the OOC as a conference. That can not happen this year if we have ANY dream of being a 2 bid conference!!!
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball