What's the next realignment domino to fall?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

What happens next?

Wichita St leaves for a better league
37%
Missouri St, IllinoisSt, UNI move up to FBS
25%
MVC expands
37%

Total votes : 107

Re: What's the next realignment domino to fall?

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » October 28th, 2017, 6:26 pm

I'm sure Charles Koch had no problem paying the entrance cost. He probably found the money in his couch cushions.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » October 28th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Ali wrote:Has it ever been reported what portion of the AAC television deal is granted to WSU? I assume most of the limited TV contract is for football which they won't see a penny of.

The current deal ends in 2020, we aren't getting anything until then. The slice will be considerably smaller than the other AAC schools, but we are expecting to get a slice.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShoxNAwe » November 4th, 2017, 11:25 am

Does the AAC have to pay to get games on TV?
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mvfcfan » November 10th, 2017, 8:17 am

AndShock wrote:
Ali wrote:Has it ever been reported what portion of the AAC television deal is granted to WSU? I assume most of the limited TV contract is for football which they won't see a penny of.

The current deal ends in 2020, we aren't getting anything until then. The slice will be considerably smaller than the other AAC schools, but we are expecting to get a slice.

Haha I hope all the relevant AAC schools are gone by 2020. Would make my day to see Wichita stuck in some terrible league having to play teams in NC and FL and barely get any money from TV.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » November 10th, 2017, 1:34 pm

mvfcfan wrote:
AndShock wrote:

Haha I hope all the relevant AAC schools are gone by 2020. Would make my day to see Wichita stuck in some terrible league having to play teams in NC and FL and barely get any money from TV.

What would be the difference of playing in the MVC? Still going to fly to every game.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » November 10th, 2017, 5:00 pm

mvfcfan wrote:
AndShock wrote:

This has been discussed but there’s basically no scenario you can come up with that results in “all” of the relevant schools being gone. Even if some disaster scenario happened, we’ll be better prepared to take on the future and head down a path that our President and administration has a vision of achieving some day.

If the AAC fails then we tried and failed and ended up in a terrible league with schools in NC and FL. If we never joined the AAC then we never tried and still failed and ended up in a terrible league with schools in IL and IN.

If Evansville were playing schools in Florida instead of Indiana, what would the current difference be?
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » November 11th, 2017, 1:23 pm

Yes such a terrible league Let's compare our leagues shall we?

League A:
1 P5 victory (Over Indiana On the road By 21)
A double-digit win on the road over a quality program (Winthrop)
Multiple victories against solid mid majors (Western Kentucky Wright State )
Only loss so far on the road to a top 10 team

League B:
0 Power 5 victories
A HOME LOSS to a team from the SOUTHLAND
Big time struggles against such basketball powerhouses as Florida Atlantic and LIU-Brooklyn and UMBC

Just some food for thought
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » November 11th, 2017, 2:08 pm

VUGrad1314 wrote:Yes such a terrible league Let's compare our leagues shall we?

League A:

League B:
0 Power 5 victories
Big time struggles against such basketball powerhouses as Florida Atlantic and LIU-Brooklyn and UMBC

Is this a real post?
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » November 11th, 2017, 2:15 pm

VUGrad1314 wrote:Yes such a terrible league Let's compare our leagues shall we?

League A:

League B:
0 Power 5 victories

http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby VUGrad1314 » November 11th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Yes and I make it with full knowledge that the AAC will most likely grade out ahead of the MVC at season's end but those were facts as of the time of that post (Illinois State has since lost to FGCU so one of my points is no longer true) but just because the MVC is a league you've outgrown (and congratulations on that by the way) doesn't make it a terrible league. It's still a top 10 conference and to talk as though the AAC doesn't have its bottom feeders (ECU USF Tulane ) is very disingenuous. These teams will cause seeding headaches, maybe not as severe as the ones in the Valley but still. Moreover realignment may have a negative effect on the AAC, since programs like UCONN and Cincinnati may look to leave and who knows who might replace them? You might get some decent programs out of the likely end of the Big 12 but will the conference be stronger on balance? Plus, you'd have to fight the Mountain West for those schools and that conference has a trump card in football that cannot be matched in Boise State, which will appeal to those football first Big 12 schoolsso there's no guarantee that the AAC would get those schools. It's unlikely but possible that Wichita State could end up paying major travel costs to dominate a high profile one bid league within five years the same fate you fear for the MVC. If that's all right with you then have at it but don't be surprised if the administration at WSU considers a return to the MVC if the future unfolds as I've written it might.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball