MVC Games - T'giving/Black Friday Weekend

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games - T'giving/Black Friday Weekend

Postby VUGrad1314 » November 25th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Great wins for Bradley Loyola and Valpo! Murray State proves once again that they belong in the MVC and those in favor of adding NKU got a huge feather in their cap with their narrow road loss to Memphis. Illinois State will hopefully get in gear soon against Charleston Southern.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby VUGrad1314 » November 25th, 2017, 10:24 pm

Not such a great night for the conference as a whole. The two games I was most confident in as MVC wins were both losses. The ISU's were very disappointing today, especially the Redbirds who seem prone to long stretches of very undisciplined play despite their talent. Coach Muller needs to get them to run more sets instead of just indiscriminately jacking up jumpers. That game was painful to watch and erases a lot of the goodwill they built up in Myrtle Beach. Fortunately they'll have chances to restore it as their schedule ramps up again after tonight. Hopefully they're ready for it but a significant portion of their margin for error for an at large bid is now gone. On the whole however we as fans of the MVC have very little to complain about as the conference has performed exceptionally well. Time to regroup and beat up on the Mountain West! Go MVC!
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » November 25th, 2017, 10:40 pm

Originally planned to drive over to ISU after NU/Illini game. Couldn’t convince my camp because they expected a blowout. :Bam:

Redbirds didn’t hit a shot in final 7.5 minutes. Didn’t see the game, but did Milik really need to benched down the stretch?

Racers looking good (like 29 of the last 30 years). Couple lights out shooters in Murray.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » November 26th, 2017, 8:41 am

I'm encouraged we won yesterday when it seemed like nothing was falling. 22.7% from the arc, 52.8% from the line (missing 5/6 front-ends) but defense and rebounding will win you games regardless. It's frustrating but we're in a good place.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » November 26th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Drake wins 79-67 over Chicago State. Timmer with 32, Nick McGwinn 17 . Chicago State deadly from 3 today.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » November 26th, 2017, 4:18 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:Drake wins 79-67 over Chicago State. Timmer with 32, Nick McGwinn 17 . Chicago State deadly from 3 today.

Extremely ugly win. CSU hit some incredibly crazy shots early on, and that gave them a lot of confidence.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blers » November 26th, 2017, 4:41 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Originally planned to drive over to ISU after NU/Illini game. Couldn’t convince my camp because they expected a blowout. :Bam:

Redbirds didn’t hit a shot in final 7.5 minutes. Didn’t see the game, but did Milik really need to benched down the stretch?

Racers looking good (like 29 of the last 30 years). Couple lights out shooters in Murray.

Yarbrourgh has had a couple issues this year already hasn't he? I remember seeing he was benched before one of the tournament games (with I wanna say Fayne?), he played, just didn't start. And I know he also suspended for the Quincy game... any idea what the deal is there? Kids got so much talent on offense but gotta be frustrating the off the court stuff continues to be a concern for ISU...

Bradley meanwhile seems to just play an ugly basketball game from what i've seen. But they win and that's what counts!
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball