MVC Games - Tue 11/28-Sun 12/3

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games - Tue 11/28-Sun 12/3

Postby ptownbraves » December 1st, 2017, 10:20 pm

Mikovio wrote:Bradley 67, EIU 56

14 pts, 9 rebounds for freshman phenom Elijah Childs. Tough 2 day turnaround for San Diego State, flying out tomorrow morning. Hope they got a jump on the scouting!

I've been super impressed with Childs. He's been a reliable spell to Koch Bar and his ceiling looks very high. He'll be a force in this league in the not too distant future.

The San Diego State game should be a real litmus test for Bradley and I'm excited to see how they respond. A west coast away game on short rest against a very good opponent. Bradley's 7-1 record can be attributed almost entirely to their defense (ranked #37 in KenPom), and they play a San Diego St. team that is also locking down opponents (#32).
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » December 2nd, 2017, 12:10 am

UIC/Loyola & Tulsa/ISUr on CSN & CSN+ simultaneously tomorrow, after a UNI talk show. EIU/Bradley was on tonight. MVC coverage in Chicago seems to be improving every year.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Majik45 » December 2nd, 2017, 9:40 am

Another great defensive effort by Bradley last night. It is not always pretty to watch on offense but Bradley keeps winning. I love the depth of this Bradley team. We can go 11 deep if need be on a given night and Brown is only guy playing over 30 minutes most nights. We have different players step up on any given night. Last night freshman Elijah childs (14 points and 9 rebounds) and Dwayne lautier-ogunleye (13 points and 10 rebounds) had great games. Von Bree only played 3 minutes so not sure why there but we have good depth to overcome that.

Real interested to see our first true road game Sunday late afternoon. If Bradley competes in this game than maybe then can push for top 3 spot. They should be competing for 3-6 easily the way they are playing now.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » December 2nd, 2017, 5:15 pm

The Horizon/UIC fans tweeting MVC fans preseason how the Horizon would pass the MVC this year have been awfully quiet...
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » December 2nd, 2017, 8:14 pm

Is Ray Giacoletti a Missouri State PxP buy now?

The MSU/SDSU broadcast is a strange mix of MSU and Learfield for production and Ray is doing the game but I can't tell if it's an actual MSU broadcast or not. The PxP guys are focusing on MSU but the sideline reporters are from Midco (based in the Dakotas)
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » December 2nd, 2017, 8:59 pm

Bears win 73-53; starting to play to their talent. Alize starting to get into game shape had 20 and 13 tonite. Bears have surprised with pretty sound defense the last two games; if they do that consistently they will be very tough to beat. Scurry is really playing well off the bench. Might have been most complete game I've seen from a Lusk team.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » December 2nd, 2017, 9:02 pm

Great work by the MVC today. So close to a perfect day. Drake is going to be the next great MVC turnaround story. Just wait until Medved gets a couple years under his belt in Des Moines. Go Braves tomorrow! Bring the challenge to a close with an MVC victory.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 2nd, 2017, 9:05 pm

Really impressive game for the Bears start to finish against a pretty good South Dakota State team. When we are clicking we just have so much talent. Alize with 20 points and 14 boards. Reggie Scurry can flat out play.

Yeah I was surprised to see Ray G on the local broadcast. Kind of odd using Drakes ex coach. He really did a fine job though.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » December 2nd, 2017, 9:35 pm

glm38 wrote:Really impressive game for the Bears start to finish against a pretty good South Dakota State team. When we are clicking we just have so much talent. Alize with 20 points and 14 boards. Reggie Scurry can flat out play.

Yeah I was surprised to see Ray G on the local broadcast. Kind of odd using Drakes ex coach. He really did a fine job though.

I was told he did a SIU women's game a week or so ago. I believe SIU is also a Learfield partner. It's possible Ray is just a Learfield freelance guy that gets put into broadcasts where ever it's needed.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bearvision » December 3rd, 2017, 12:21 am

uniftw wrote:Is Ray Giacoletti a Missouri State PxP buy now?

The MSU/SDSU broadcast is a strange mix of MSU and Learfield for production and Ray is doing the game but I can't tell if it's an actual MSU broadcast or not. The PxP guys are focusing on MSU but the sideline reporters are from Midco (based in the Dakotas)

He's a Valley freelance guy now. The announcers were actually sitting in a booth announcing the game. They were literally watching it on television and announcing it. That's why you had the odd mix.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball