Southern > Drake

UNI > Valpo
Bradley > Missouri State
Illinois State > Southern
Loyola > Evansville

UNI > Bradley
Illinois State > Loyola

Illinois State > UNI

Two Bids. UNI sneaks in. Goes to Dayton and wins against overrated P5. Gets one more and loses in the round of 32. Illinois State gets a 14, scares the hell out of a 3 and falls just short.

Loyola wins a game in the NIT.

Missouri State inexplicably retains Paul Lusk. Evansville retains Marty.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: MVC team standing prediction

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ACECARD » December 18th, 2017, 10:51 am

BCPanther wrote:1. UNI 15-3
2. Illinois State 12-6
3. Loyola 12-6
4. Missouri State 10-8
5. Bradley 10-8
6. Evansville 9-9
7. Southern Illinois 9-9
8. Valpo 6-12
9. Indiana State 4-14
10. Drake 3-15

Valpo > Indiana State
Southern > Drake

UNI > Valpo
Bradley > Missouri State
Illinois State > Southern
Loyola > Evansville

UNI > Bradley
Illinois State > Loyola

Illinois State > UNI

Two Bids. UNI sneaks in. Goes to Dayton and wins against overrated P5. Gets one more and loses in the round of 32. Illinois State gets a 14, scares the hell out of a 3 and falls just short.

Loyola wins a game in the NIT.

Missouri State inexplicably retains Paul Lusk. Evansville retains Marty.

Switch The Aces, and Valpo. Just one bid. Marty just might be retained, and have no comment on Lusk.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » December 18th, 2017, 1:24 pm

I think I’ll roll with my preseason predictions for now. Could definitely make a couple changes but I’m not ready to burn it yet.

1. Loyola
2. UNI
3. ISUr
4. Missouri State
5. Bradley
6. Valpo
7. SIU
8. Drake
9. ISUb
10. Evansville
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » December 18th, 2017, 2:36 pm

You know I'll be the last to voice any confidence in a Lusk led team, and already we have had our headscratchers. But I will also say we have 3 true road wins and are the only Valley team that hasn't been beat by double figures at least once, with our three losses barely making double figures [11 pts] total. The schedule wasn't very good, but wins at SDSU and W.Kentucky are solid when you look at how they've played other quality teams. I still wouldn't pick us to win, but I wouldn't be quick to discount us either. I would have said UNI has looked the best, but then they lose to ISU, after that no one has really established themselves. I also have to remind myself that of our top 9 players only three have played together at MSU more than a year, Alize has not been 100% and Rousseau hasn't either, so we can get a lot better still. It'll be very interesting.
Last edited by BEARZ77 on December 18th, 2017, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Old School MVC » December 18th, 2017, 2:43 pm

1 - UNI (14-4) - Best team in the league right now, but there are still a few teams that need to get healthy. Unlike the last few years, UNI will start off strong, and fade a little at the end of reg season.

2 - Loyola (12-6) - In the past week they have proved they can beat anyone, and lose to anyone. The only question I have is if Porter Moser can get his team ready night in and night out.

3 - ISUr (11-7) - I keep hearing injuries, but continue to see inconsistencies. Muller usually has them rolling come tourney time.

4 - MSU (11-7) - Most talent, worst coached. They will beat all the top 5 teams in the conference at least once, but will get swept by a lower level team.

5 - SIU (9-9) - Need to get healthy in a hurry. They have the potential to beat anyone in the conference with all their weapons available.

6 - Evansville (8-10) - They will make a run at the end of the season to keep themselves out of Thursday in STL. ISUr better be ready for a dogfight on Friday at St Louis!

7 - Valpo (8-10) - Started strong, but starting to fade due to injuries. Another team that needs to get healthy.

8 - Bradley (8-10) - To quote Dennis Green, "They are, who we thought they were!" They are an above average team but have a very strong record due to OOC SOS. They will sweep MSU, but get swept by the top 3 teams.

9 - Drake (5-13) - Taking baby steps in improving, but still a ways to go.

10 - ISUb (4-14) - I am not sure who they can beat, but I had to make the wins and loses equal 90-90.

Thursday:
Valpo > ISUb
Bradley > Drake

Friday:
UNI > Valpo
MSU > SIU
Loyola>Bradley
Evansville > ISUr

Saturday:
MSU > UNI
Loyola > Evansville

Sunday:
Our worst fear, Moser vs Lusk in Championship game. MSU wins and gets Drilled in the NCAA Tourney. Everyone then talks why there should not be multiple bids from the MVC
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby freddycat68 » December 18th, 2017, 4:18 pm

1. UNI
2. Loyola
3. MSU
4. ISUr
5. Bradley
6. Valparaiso
7. Evansville
8. Drake
9. SIU
10. ISUb

Anyone picking UE, Drake, ISUb, or SIU above BU is delusional -- based on last year's results and this year's OOC. As for ISUr, talented but inconsistent. Watched one game and saw a lot of attitude problems and eye-rolling from players, so I hesitate to pick them this high. I'm used to watching BU games, where that kind of nonsense would be completely unacceptable. Valpo hard to judge. The first 3 could finish in any order from 1 to 3 (although MSU could drop lower), and the second 3 could finish in any order from 4 to 6.
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Rollbird5 » December 18th, 2017, 5:36 pm

1. Redbirds-Best big 3 in the league carry them to back to back regular season championships
2. UNI
3. MSU
4. Loyola
5. SIU
6. Valpo
7. Bradley
8. Drake
9. Indiana State
10. Evansville
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Old School MVC » December 19th, 2017, 6:16 am

freddycat68 wrote:
Anyone picking UE, Drake, ISUb, or SIU above BU is delusional .

Apparently those who vote in the Mid Major Poll are "delusional"

freddycat68 wrote:
I'm used to watching BU games, where that kind of nonsense would be completely unacceptable.

But Mediocre play is acceptable? I think most Bradley fans would trade your average team for any of Loyola, MSU or ISUr squads. You might have a few head aches, and attitudes that need adjusted, but at least have the talent that can win games. But congrats to you on your high moral values!
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » December 19th, 2017, 7:59 am

I don't think any Valley fan base is in position to feel much superiority right now; it's going to be a very competitive year and I won't be surprised if Bradley is in the thick of it. I think they're better coached than any team outside of UNI, and they've got size and depth to compete for the long haul. Winning close games consistently ultimately will determine this years race; I don't see anyone having a series of blowout wins like WSU had the last few years. There might be a few, but most nights it's gonna be dogfight games played out in the 50's and 60's and good coaching win those games as much as anything.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » December 19th, 2017, 8:15 am

Personally I don't care where people picked BU, the play will speak for itself. But there is talent. Brown and Bar were on the MVC all freshman team last year, and freshman Childs is even better than Bar averaging 17/13 per 40. We've got 3 of the top 6 3 point shooters in the MVC, including another freshman Stipanovich. Thomas's stats don't jump out at you but he'd be a double double machine with more minutes. It's a well rounded team without a clear stud which some people complain about but I personally think is an advantage because it makes scouting more difficult for opposing defenses.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball