If Wichita Left.... (RPI Talk)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: If Wichita Left.... (RPI Talk)

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 11th, 2018, 2:43 pm

ShoxNAwe wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:This is a tough one. The MVC has survived many name schools leaving, and it's still been able to right the ship.

Not so much. If you all want to fight over being 12th or 14th or 16th if/when WSU departs, enjoy your boatride in the toilet.

Bwahahahahaha
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 11th, 2018, 3:10 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
ShoxNAwe wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:This is a tough one. The MVC has survived many name schools leaving, and it's still been able to right the ship.

Not so much. If you all want to fight over being 12th or 14th or 16th if/when WSU departs, enjoy your boatride in the toilet.

Bwahahahahaha

:dance: :Violin:

THIS is why this thread is funny.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 11th, 2018, 3:14 pm

I saw a 3D movie, "House Of Wax" down town Peoria at some cool old theater, then went to the Bradley game.
Now who is it that is concerned about these numbers?
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 11th, 2018, 3:26 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:I saw a 3D movie, "House Of Wax" down town Peoria at some cool old theater, then went to the Bradley game.

Just an ever-changing topic from Shocker fans to prove how bad the MVC is without them. Gotta keep moving the needle until something lands. Some people are giving in to their posts.

These attendance concerns are not ours....only the athletic administrations at each school.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » January 11th, 2018, 3:41 pm

Adding Grand Canyon would raise the average. :dance:
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » January 11th, 2018, 3:42 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote:I saw a 3D movie, "House Of Wax" down town Peoria at some cool old theater, then went to the Bradley game.

Just an ever-changing topic from Shocker fans to prove how bad the MVC is without them. Gotta keep moving the needle until something lands. Some people are giving in to their posts.

These attendance concerns are not ours....only the athletic administrations at each school.

Play Angry wrote:(I would create a separate thread for this but expect some might react negatively and view it as an attack of some sort). If someone else wants to copy the data and discuss in an independent thread, be my guest:

:roll:

No pleasing some folks I suppose. I thought the relevant post was fair and avoided inflammatory generalizations (such as "Shocker fans...<insert derogatory remark>" which seem to be commonplace in recent pages).

In addition to the failed assertion by the one Shocker fan who steadfastly argued the MVC could slip to 16th, there are some fantastic factual faceplants by fans of another school ITT which were corrected in entertaining fashion. Should we all revisit those as well?

Let me know and I'll be happy to dig those up.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 11th, 2018, 3:55 pm

This week Joe Lunardi has the Bulldogs 15 seed playing Wichita State 2 seed in Dallas. Now that would be a fun location and game.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » January 11th, 2018, 3:57 pm

I tracked attendance of WSU's MVC road games during the 35-1 season. What I found was a nearly 50% increase (I think the actual number was 48%) for those games over an average MVC game. The following years, the increase was still pronounced. IIRC it was in the 35-40% range. So I think it is reasonable to say that the attendance (and thereby, revenue) at MVC venues other than Koch Arena was negatively affected by WSU's departure.

I admit to being one who predicted the Valley would drop a couple of spots in conference rankings. I clearly wasn't expecting the bottom of the conference to significantly improve their RPIs. Even so, the improvement hasn't helped anyone's at-large chances this season. But if the lower half can hold on to their recent gains and not fall into the 200+ RPI abyss it could give one or two of the top teams a better chance in coming years to capitalize on a solid non-conference performance.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Play Angry » January 11th, 2018, 3:58 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:This week Joe Lunardi has the Bulldogs 15 seed playing Wichita State 2 seed in Dallas. Now that would be a fun location and game.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

:Cheers:

I tried the Emmenecker Challenge at Jethro's not too long ago and fell woefully short. Hopefully the Shockers would fair better against the Bulldogs.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 11th, 2018, 4:30 pm

Play Angry wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

Play Angry wrote:(I would create a separate thread for this but expect some might react negatively and view it as an attack of some sort). If someone else wants to copy the data and discuss in an independent thread, be my guest:

:roll:

No pleasing some folks I suppose. I thought the relevant post was fair and avoided inflammatory generalizations (such as "Shocker fans...<insert derogatory remark>" which seem to be commonplace in recent pages).

In addition to the failed assertion by the one Shocker fan who steadfastly argued the MVC could slip to 16th, there are some fantastic factual faceplants by fans of another school ITT which were corrected in entertaining fashion. Should we all revisit those as well?

Let me know and I'll be happy to dig those up.

Honestly, skimmed the text and only read the numbers in your messages. So apologies to you specifically.

As far as digging up past messages...Sure re-visiting terrible predictions is always fun. If anyone is ever on Twitter, follow "Freezing Cold Takes" which is predicated off this idea. Very funny.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball