First post...Thursday Night predictions and Friday Matchups?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: First post...Thursday Night predictions and Friday Match

Postby mule » February 26th, 2018, 12:14 pm

9628 wrote:
hot nuts wrote:
Aces44 wrote:You lost all credibility when you called the Aces EU.
It’s UE. Always has been, always will.

As a UIS Redbird fan, I can feel your pain. I'll take E-Ville and NIU on Thursday Night. Wait...the Drake/Bradley game got moved to Friday????

Look, another opportunity for the "letter" police.

First post in a year. Talk about being a huge MVC fan or is it a former fan trolling?
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hot nuts » February 26th, 2018, 12:20 pm

MVC1972 wrote:I'm new to this forum..but have been reading the forum for years. Go4Valley is trying to belittle UE...as the shocker fans used to do. If you knew the recruiting budget that Marty has and knew anything about basketball...he's a damn good coach that runs the motion offense better than anyone in the country. There shouldn't be anyone on this forum disparaging any teams. They are in my eyes about as even as they could be. If the UE players stayed healthy all season...they could've just as well been in the top 5 in the Valley. Evidence being the 7 point loss at Loyola and the 31 point blowout vs. SIU (2nd seed). This may be the most entertaining Arch Madness in years. Go Aces.

Agreed completely. I'm good with a little needling the other teams' fans, but man did it used to get out of hand. Crossed the line from needling to harassment. :Cheers:
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 9628 » February 26th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Look, another opportunity for the "letter" police.[/quote]
First post in a year. Talk about being a huge MVC fan or is it a former fan trolling?[/quote]

I just thought it was a bit of an over-reaction. I may have felt the same if it happened to my favorite team. No offense intended. This is exactly why I don't post much.
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 26th, 2018, 12:49 pm

9628 wrote:Look, another opportunity for the "letter" police.

First post in a year. Talk about being a huge MVC fan or is it a former fan trolling?[/quote]

I just thought it was a bit of an over-reaction. I may have felt the same if it happened to my favorite team. No offense intended. This is exactly why I don't post much.[/quote]

Don't worry about that. Some people get way too worked up over these things.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Go4Valley » February 26th, 2018, 12:55 pm

People in no way was I belittling Evansville. Unfair for people to believe I would troll them. Was a mistake and thats it. I want to see mid majors all come up so I have a place in my heart for all the teams
Go4Valley
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MVC1972 » February 26th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Not the letter police...but...like I said...been reading the forum for years. Love it. There is nothing like MVC basketball. I love the goodhearted bantering...as much as the next fella. But...I've been following a lot of these teams since the old MCC days. Parity is the word that describes this league. On any given night...the 10th seeded team could beat the 1st seeded team. It's all about the match ups and who's healthy.

Mid-major basketball is the purest form of collegiate athletics...because these are truly student athletes that will have careers outside of basketball after graduation. With the current FBI investigations going on...I'm proud of coaches like Marty, Greg Lansing, Dan Muller, Ben Jacobson...etc.
MVC1972
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby hot nuts » February 26th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Go4Valley wrote:People in no way was I belittling Evansville. Unfair for people to believe I would troll them. Was a mistake and thats it. I want to see mid majors all come up so I have a place in my heart for all the teams

Don't sweat it....just an overreaction....regardless if it was intentional or not. Nobody needs to throw fit over something so menial. Maybe it needs a hashtag, #NotMyInitialism
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby E-Villan » February 26th, 2018, 1:48 pm

hot nuts wrote:
Go4Valley wrote:People in no way was I belittling Evansville. Unfair for people to believe I would troll them. Was a mistake and thats it. I want to see mid majors all come up so I have a place in my heart for all the teams

Don't sweat it....just an overreaction....regardless if it was intentional or not. Nobody needs to throw fit over something so menial. Maybe it needs a hashtag, #NotMyInitialism

Agreed...we got a lot more to worry about in Evansville right now than if someone mistakenly gets the initials backwards. I enjoyed your post, and completely understood from the depth of it, that it was clearly an honest mistake.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 9628 » February 26th, 2018, 2:27 pm

"As a UIS Redbird fan, I can feel your pain. I'll take E-Ville and NIU on Thursday Night. Wait...the Drake/Bradley game got moved to Friday????"

Just to clarify, the quote above is what prompted my call for the "letter" police. Earlier in the thread a poster was called out for not using the appropriate name for Evansville, and just a little later a poster did the same thing to UNI and nobody said a thing. Just calling for some consistency. Way to many posts for me.
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby hot nuts » February 26th, 2018, 2:55 pm

9628 wrote:"As a UIS Redbird fan, I can feel your pain. I'll take E-Ville and NIU on Thursday Night. Wait...the Drake/Bradley game got moved to Friday????"

Just to clarify, the quote above is what prompted my call for the "letter" police. Earlier in the thread a poster was called out for not using the appropriate name for Evansville, and just a little later a poster did the same thing to UNI and nobody said a thing. Just calling for some consistency. Way to many posts for me.

Just a little sarcasm on my part...I assumed that was shining through. We're all good,post away!
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball