Paul Lusk Fired

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Paul Lusk Fired

Postby MOST » March 9th, 2018, 11:22 am

Sir Sci wrote:[quote"]
We absolutely do not want a D2 coach. I would be immediately opposed to that proposal.
[/quote]

Not being argumentative but do not understand the Bear Nation animosity towards successful nationally recognized D2 coaches (such as McCollum and Boshee, and several others). There are over 300 D2 mens basketball programs--surely not all those D2 coaches are slugs not worthy of MSU/D1 consideration.

There is a nest of "haters" on Bear Nation. Hate MIZZU, hate Hinson, hate Ad Moats, hate the U. Preesident Smart, hate D2 coaches/teams, hate the Springfield populace because they do not fill the gym for loosing basketball, hate anybody who disagrees or differs with their collective opinion. This collective opinion is driven by probably 10 -15 or so outspoken hard cases/BB experts out of a Bear Nation membership of I think o/a 4,000 subscribers. Bear Nation can be so caustic it may affect the Bears ability to hire a decent coach-if he reads Bear Nation.
MOST
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEARZ77 » March 9th, 2018, 11:54 am

MOST wrote:
Sir Sci wrote:
MOST wrote:

Nobody on Bear Nation wants a high school coach. Nobody on Bear Nation thinks MO State should place some kind of premium on hiring an alum (I mean, Ahearn was mentioned and nobody bought into the idea as a top choice). We also absolutely do not want a D2 coach. I would be immediately opposed to that proposal.

Not being argumentative but do not understand the Bear Nation animosity towards successful nationally recognized D2 coaches (such as McCollum and Boshee, and several others). There are over 300 D2 mens basketball programs--surely not all those D2 coaches are slugs not worthy of MSU/D1 consideration.

There is a nest of "haters" on Bear Nation. Hate MIZZU, hate Hinson, hate Ad Moats, hate the U. Preresident Smart, hate D2 coaches/teams, hate the Springfield populace because they do not fill the gym for loosing basketball, hate anybody who disagrees or differs with their collective opinion. This collective opinion is driven by probably 10 -15 or so outspoken hard cases/BB experts out of a Bear Nation membership of o/a 4,000. Bear Nation can be so caustic it may affect the Bears ability to hire a decent-if he reads Bear Nation

This is why you were banned 3 times on Bear Nation; you don't do your research, have outdated opinions, and then make broad negative generalities about the other posters because they tell you exactly what I just said. If you had actually read why the fan base was not in favor of a D-2 coach you would have seen that many felt McCollum was a very good coach, not just a guy we wanted to take a risk with now because of the need for someone who might have a better chance of moving things forward quickly. Your problem has always been that just as here, you have a hard time accepting most people just don't agree with you, plain and simple.
Any one who had done any reasonable research wouldn't make the stupid statements you did about the WSU assistants, probably collectively as highly a regarded group of coaches as has been in the Valley together in one program, and all of whom have been successful both prior and after their time in Wichita. But you just operate on your opinion which is often uninformed and mostly not agreed with. You have a right to your opinion, but others have a right to tell you ya don't have a clue .
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » March 9th, 2018, 12:12 pm

I heard this morning that Dooley and Forbes have pulled their interest in the job. The reason the financial package was not competitive.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Sir Sci » March 9th, 2018, 12:31 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:I heard this morning that Dooley and Forbes have pulled their interest in the job. The reason the financial package was not competitive.

The source of that statement also said that Kim Anderson is the next best option for the job, which, no, he is not.

That being said, I don't think Dooley or Forbes are coming to MO State either. I just don't think the source spreading that around is reliable.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » March 9th, 2018, 12:35 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:I heard this morning that Dooley and Forbes have pulled their interest in the job. The reason the financial package was not competitive.

I saw that, but the guy who tweeted it said we should hire Kim Anderson; don't think it's a reputable report. That said, I know it would take 800,000 + for Forbes and Dooley is getting looked at by ECU and UTEP both of whom will go in the $600,000 range. I think the break point on them would be having the dollars for staff and recruiting they'd want along with salary. Dooley was only making $275,000 but is reportedly asking for a lot of perks. I'm not a huge Dooley proponent, wouldn't turn him down, but would go after several others much more readily. I like Heiar, I like Darrin Horn, Roger Powell is imoressive but not enough experience for me, less enthused but I know we are talking with Pelphrey as well.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MOST » March 9th, 2018, 1:16 pm

YEP! I was banned 3 times by the BEAR NATION moderator; their volunteer/control freak moderator- Lets his buds get away with murder but jumps on members who have opposing opinions. As much as he posts he should take the title of the BEAR NATION "Spring Butt" (the resident basketball and everything else know it all).

Sorry but I don't know which X-Marshall assistant is a D1 coach of a team in the NCAA TX. Can't be Steve Forbes at ETSU, they were eliminated in their conference tournament. With Forbes, Dooley at FGCU was a front runner--but FGCU was also eliminated,. Plus there are tweets that neither Forbes or Dooley are interested---supposedly due to money and concession issues. Seen the names of several other X Marshal prodigies---but have been dropped due to some vetting issues

Evidently to Bear Fans the sun rises and shines in the backside of Greg Heiar, X Marshal and current LSU assistant. Had a good HC tenure at a Florida Community College years ago- Don't think LSU has done much the last few years.
MOST
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BEARZ77 » March 9th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Like I said, helps to research before you rant. Not knowing Heiar has only been at LSU this year, or that Earl Grant has been very successful at Charleston, or that Jans is at New Mexico State are just facts you should have looked into before discounting WSU assistants.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » March 9th, 2018, 2:17 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Like I said, helps to research before you rant. Not knowing Heiar has only been at LSU this year, or that Earl Grant has been very successful at Charleston, or that Jans is at New Mexico State are just facts you should have looked into before discounting WSU assistants.

Don't feed the troll...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby All-MVC Fan » March 9th, 2018, 4:03 pm

All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MOST » March 9th, 2018, 4:24 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Like I said, helps to research before you rant. Not knowing Heiar has only been at LSU this year, or that Earl Grant has been very successful at Charleston, or that Jans is at New Mexico State are just facts you should have looked into before discounting WSU assistants.
MOST
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball