Best of 2018 Arch Madness

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Best of 2018 Arch Madness

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 12th, 2018, 2:03 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
One of Marshall worst team get his one of his best seeds just by getting out of the MVC.

How is this one of his worst teams? The Shockers were preseason top 5 in the country and returned EVERYONE.
You finished 2nd in the conference and didn't even make your conference tournament finals. Then, received a #4 seed (meaning 13-16th best team in the country) in the tournament.

Therefore, you UNDERACHIEVED your projections.

Can someone ban this idiot?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Dean Wormer » March 12th, 2018, 2:12 pm

My enjoyment of the MVC was not diminished one bit with Wichita being gone. As such, I have no ill will towards them, but I also have no more interest in them than I do Central Florida. There really isn't any reason or value to any of their posters being on here.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby AndShock » March 12th, 2018, 2:23 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
One of Marshall worst team get his one of his best seeds just by getting out of the MVC.

How is this one of his worst teams? The Shockers were preseason top 5 in the country and returned EVERYONE.
You finished 2nd in the conference and didn't even make your conference tournament finals. Then, received a #4 seed (meaning 13-16th best team in the country) in the tournament.

Therefore, you UNDERACHIEVED your projections.

Can someone ban this idiot?

Lost Chris Jans and Greg Heiar. If you want to say this team was as good as last year you’re also saying that MVC teams are so incompetent offensively that they managed to make a 100+ ranked defense look like a top 20 one. I choose to believe we got worse for a variety of reasons (lost coaches, failure to fully recover from injuries, etc.)
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvfcfan » March 12th, 2018, 2:28 pm

I honestly don't understand why Wichita fans hate the MVC so much. From my understanding our commissioner helped them get Greg Marshall, and they gained national attention and received at-large bids while in our league, including the year they went to the Final 4.

I honestly think that most of their fans are just mad that no one in this league misses them. They all thought we would beg them to stay and we all happily showed them the door. I honestly hate Wichita State, but it's not because they left. I've always hated them, because their fans are jerks.

Then you go back and there's the Anthony Molina (former Evansville baseball player) story. The guy had the chance to go pro, but Wichita's pitcher threw the ball at him while he was on deck because he didn't like that he was timing his pitches. Now Molina is partially blind in his left eye and it ended his pro chances.

So yeah we don't miss the jerks from Wichita. I was SOOOO happy when they left. And for the record I will be rooting for the Thundering Herd and any other team that might play Wichita in the tournament.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » March 12th, 2018, 2:40 pm

mvfcfan wrote:I honestly don't understand why Wichita fans hate the MVC so much. From my understanding our commissioner helped them get Greg Marshall, and they gained national attention and received at-large bids while in our league, including the year they went to the Final 4.

I honestly think that most of their fans are just mad that no one in this league misses them. They all thought we would beg them to stay and we all happily showed them the door. I honestly hate Wichita State, but it's not because they left. I've always hated them, because their fans are jerks.

Then you go back and there's the Anthony Molina (former Evansville baseball player) story. The guy had the chance to go pro, but Wichita's pitcher threw the ball at him while he was on deck because he didn't like that he was timing his pitches. Now Molina is partially blind in his left eye and it ended his pro chances.

So yeah we don't miss the jerks from Wichita. I was SOOOO happy when they left. And for the record I will be rooting for the Thundering Herd and any other team that might play Wichita in the tournament.

It’s scary to think what Anthony Molina would be doing with pro player money if he had it.

We don’t hate the MVC as much as you probably think we do. I imagine most Shocker fans will be rooting for Loyola against Miami. I’d be rooting for Marshall if we weren’t playing them, so I understand completely.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » March 12th, 2018, 5:58 pm

mvfcfan wrote:I honestly don't understand why Wichita fans hate the MVC so much. From my understanding our commissioner helped them get Greg Marshall, and they gained national attention and received at-large bids while in our league, including the year they went to the Final 4.

fake news. I give AD Jim Schaus all the credit for that. He had the vision to mWSUga.

Then you go back and there's the Anthony Molina (former Evansville baseball player) story. The guy had the chance to go pro,

I did know there was pro-ball in the penal leagues. Molina was a child molestor.

So yeah we don't miss the jerks from Wichita. I was SOOOO happy when they left.

Cool, thanks for sharing. Shocker fans are happy also and we don't miss you jerks either. :Violin:
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 12th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Bravo, sir. Great post. I don't have the same animosity but I understand how you feel.

I have a lot of experience with Wichita State fans. For the most part, they are honest, decent, hard-working Americans. They tend to be older. Very passionate about WSU athletics but they are hard to reason with because they are incredibly myopic.

They get so wrapped up in the action on the court/field/whatever that they forget about class, civility, respect, and other core value things. It's all about beating you and letting you know about how great fan support they have, etc. If they verbally accost the family of your baseball coach, well, it is to be expected, they were just being passionate about WSU. They don't mean real harm or anything, they just get lost in the moment and forget about the big picture.

I wish them well in the AAC. I have met several in my travels that I get excited when WSU wins something because I know how much it means to them. On the whole, the WSU fan base is very nouveau riche and I am happy that we can move on with the schools we have.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » March 12th, 2018, 6:52 pm

The truth is there are jerks in every fan base. There were a number of knowledgeable and fair minded wsu fans on here. Guys like cdizzle and wufan among others. I enjoyed bantering with them. The problem is there are a few wsu posters that are over the top egotistical mixed with equal parts arrogance and superiority.

If you want to see something funny check out the AAC forum. Cold and several others have created chaos there just as they did here. I don't miss that at all.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-845135.html
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Dean Wormer » March 12th, 2018, 11:06 pm

Shocker fans justifying what Christensen and Stephenson did because Molina would years later be convicted of child molestation is just priceless.

Was Molina known to have any criminal activities when Ben decided to aim a fastball at his head? No, his only offense was being an opposing player who dared step into the on deck circle.

In addition, any ticket attorney or above would be able to easily make a defense that Molina's deviate conduct is all a result of having his brains scrambled by a 95mph fastball
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby AndShock » March 13th, 2018, 1:42 am

Dean Wormer wrote:Shocker fans justifying what Christensen and Stephenson did because Molina would years later be convicted of child molestation is just priceless.

Was Molina known to have any criminal activities when Ben decided to aim a fastball at his head? No, his only offense was being an opposing player who dared step into the on deck circle.

In addition, any ticket attorney or above would be able to easily make a defense that Molina's deviate conduct is all a result of having his brains scrambled by a 95mph fastball

I would legitimately love to see a study on that one. Wichita State should even pay for it.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball