Off Season Roster Turnover

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Majik45 » March 12th, 2018, 8:15 am

Thought I would start a new thread to talk about roster turnover for the teams, as it was announced on Friday that 2 Bradley players will not be returning to the team next year which opens up 2 more scholarships for Bradley.

Junior 6'9 Reserve Callum Barker and Freshman Ryan Stipanovich will be leaving the program at the end of the year. Barker went from playing a lot his Freshman year, to basically being a deep reserve this past year. He's from Tazmania originally and was part of Wardle's first class. He will look to go DII or possibly head back home to play professionally.

Stipanovich had really started to earn a role for himself by the end of the year, as he had a knack for making 1 or 2 three's a game while playing limited minutes. His future looked pretty bright and I'm sorry to see him go. Appears his heart was just not into playing basketball, as it says he will pursue opportunities outside of basketball.

Here is the article from the Peoria Paper:

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20180309/t ... ll-program
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Off Season Roster Turnover

Postby underdawg » March 12th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Nothing official yet but 6-8 Austin Weiher was little used and will most likely transfer out after the end of this semester--that scholarship will probably go to Jimmy Beane a 6-6 guard from a Florida prep school--originally from South bend Ind, scored 42 points in one game his year.

If the name sounds familiar, he is the nephew of Saluki assistant coach Anthony Beane and first cousin to 6-4 PG 2018 recruit Darius Beane. Looks like that 2018 Saluki class (also with 6-6 Sam Shafer) will be a good one.

There may be another reserve transferring also
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » March 12th, 2018, 3:38 pm

underdawg wrote:Nothing official yet but 6-8 Austin Weiher was little used and will most likely transfer out after the end of this semester--that scholarship will probably go to Jimmy Beane a 6-6 guard from a Florida prep school--originally from South bend Ind, scored 42 points in one game his year.

If the name sounds familiar, he is the nephew of Saluki assistant coach Anthony Beane and first cousin to 6-4 PG 2018 recruit Darius Beane. Looks like that 2018 Saluki class (also with 6-6 Sam Shafer) will be a good one.

Is the talk of Thik Bol leaving just something outside of Carbondale or is there a chance that happens?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » March 12th, 2018, 4:40 pm

The Bears roster is totally unpredictable until we hire a new head coach. I'm sure we'll at least lose a player of two. I hope most of them stay though.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » March 12th, 2018, 5:18 pm

news from normal is there are 11 players leaving this go around. unfortunately matt hein is staying.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Just Another Guy » March 12th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:news from normal is there are 11 players leaving this go around. unfortunately matt hein is staying.

Unfortunately you are staying too.
Just Another Guy
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby underdawg » March 12th, 2018, 8:31 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
underdawg wrote:Nothing official yet but 6-8 Austin Weiher was little used and will most likely transfer out after the end of this semester--that scholarship will probably go to Jimmy Beane a 6-6 guard from a Florida prep school--originally from South bend Ind, scored 42 points in one game his year.

Is the talk of Thik Bol leaving just something outside of Carbondale or is there a chance that happens?

There's a chance since I've heard he will be a grad--but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you 8-)
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » March 12th, 2018, 8:44 pm

underdawg wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

There's a chance since I've heard he will be a grad--but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you 8-)

Why would I get my hopes up? I want the MVC to be as strong as it can be. Let the cream rise to the top.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » March 13th, 2018, 6:50 am

Yes, but we're real sensitive here in Saluki Land after losing starting center Bola Olaniyan to Alabama as a grad transfer a few years ago. Olaniyan's late March announcement to coaches (so it obviated Spring recruiting of a replacement) did not sit well with coaches or Saluki fans--so forgive my nervous, defensive response.
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » March 13th, 2018, 7:57 am

UNI is on Juwan McCloud watch.

His dad and brother have been incredibly critical of Jake on Twitter and the other parents call Juwan's dad 'Lavar Ball McCloud'. Couple that with the fact UNI got much better after Juwan 'got hurt' and there is some smoke there.

Dad seems to think he'd be able to move up to a P5 but those of us that have seen him play know that it'll be a lateral move at best and probably down a level to Green Bay or Milwaukee.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball