Evansville to host OVC tournament and D2 Elite 8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby mvfcfan » March 22nd, 2018, 3:45 pm

Big events coming to Evansville.

The OVC tournament will continue to be held in Evansville for the next two seasons and the Elite 8 for the D2 NCAA tournament will be held in Evansville for the next 4 seasons. I'm already planning on going to Evansville to go watch some postseason ball over the next few years.

I went to the Ford Center for the first time ever during the OVC semifinals and I was very impressed with how nice of a facility the Ford Center is.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Evansville to host OVC tournament and D2 Elite 8

Postby COUTEAU » March 22nd, 2018, 5:18 pm

mvfcfan wrote:Big events coming to Evansville.

The OVC tournament will continue to be held in Evansville for the next two seasons and the Elite 8 for the D2 NCAA tournament will be held in Evansville for the next 4 seasons. I'm already planning on going to Evansville to go watch some postseason ball over the next few years.

I went to the Ford Center for the first time ever during the OVC semifinals and I was very impressed with how nice of a facility the Ford Center is.

a few quick questions.....concerning The Ford Center in Evansville, Indiana

did you find parking a problem, when attending the ovc tourney, at The FC?
did you feel threatened or (un)safe, while walking towards the event?
was the walk, from your vehicle, to the entrance of The FC, further away than other urban arenas, you may have visited before?
were your seat(s) uncomfortable, too narrow, or too close to chair back in front of you?
was it an inconvenience for you to stand, allowing a fellow fan to pass by, to their seat?
if disabled....did you use (and/or) appreciate the escalator, up to the main level?
or.....perhaps used the elevator?
were there adequate number of rest room facilities?
did you have trouble, returning to your vehicle and quickly exiting the downtown area, after the games?

I ask these things, because there is a LARGE percentage of native evansvillians, that absolutely refuse to even step foot in The FC.
Those are just a few of the lame excuses I have read or heard of since The FC opened.

go aces
Last edited by COUTEAU on March 22nd, 2018, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COUTEAU
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby smidge34 » March 22nd, 2018, 5:36 pm

COUTEAU wrote:
mvfcfan wrote:Big events coming to Evansville.

a few quick questions.....

did you find parking a problem, when attending the ovc tourney, at The FC?
did you feel threatened or (un)safe, while walking towards the event?
was the walk, from your vehicle, to the entrance of The FC, further away than other urban arenas, you may have visited before?
were your seat(s) uncomfortable, too narrow, or too close to chair back in front of you?
was it an inconvenience for you to stand, allowing a fellow fan to pass by, to their seat?
if disabled....did you use (and/or) appreciate the escalator, up to the main level?
were there adequate number of rest room facilities?
did you have trouble, returning to your vehicle and quickly exiting the downtown area, after the games?

I ask these things, because there is a LARGE percentage of native evansvillians, that absolutely refuse to even step foot in The FC.
Those are just a few of the lame excuses I have read or heard of since The FC opened.

go aces

I thought you were describing Nashville and the Municipal until the very end lol.
smidge34
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mvfcfan » March 28th, 2018, 6:13 pm

COUTEAU wrote:
a few quick questions.....concerning The Ford Center in Evansville, Indiana

1)did you find parking a problem, when attending the ovc tourney, at The FC?
2) did you feel threatened or (un)safe, while walking towards the event?
3) was the walk, from your vehicle, to the entrance of The FC, further away than other urban arenas, you may have visited before?
4) were your seat(s) uncomfortable, too narrow, or too close to chair back in front of you?
5) was it an inconvenience for you to stand, allowing a fellow fan to pass by, to their seat?
6) if disabled....did you use (and/or) appreciate the escalator, up to the main level?
7) were there adequate number of rest room facilities?
d8) id you have trouble, returning to your vehicle and quickly exiting the downtown area, after the games?

go aces

I numbered your questions and here are my responses.

1) No, parking was easy.
2) No, but I've also drove across Mexico alone and didn't feel unsafe, so take that how you want to.
3) Not really. It was about the same, but I usually park farther away however to get free parking. The big lot was free so no complaints. The walk isn't bad at all.
4) No the seats were great.
5) No, but some Murray State fan wanted me to sit down (everyone was standing up too btw) because he "couldn't see". I pretty much told him to stand up. That is probably the thing that irritates me the most tbh.
6) Not disabled, but I did take the escalator.
7) No
8) No, but by the time the second OVC semifinal game (20 pt blowout and Murray played in the first game) was over almost everyone had left anyways.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball