2011 College World Series

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: 2011 College World Series

Postby DoubleJayAlum » June 26th, 2011, 12:33 pm

valleychamp wrote:
TrueBlueJay wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:If by using the phrase "they play very few games in the new stadium" you meant, "they play every home game in the new stadium", your statement is accurate. If you meant anything else, it isn't.

I think that in the three mens sports most important to CU (basketball, baseball and soccer), CU probably has the best facilities of anyone in the conference. The new university owned arena used by the Volleyball team and women's basketball team is pretty nice as well. We could desperately use a new basketball practice facility however.

While one can joke about the fact that the Qwest (soon to be "CenturyLink") and TD Ameritrade are rented, that doesn't take anything away from their quality. Their proximity to campus (both are within walking distance, although the Qwest is a little farther than TD Ameritrade) means that students and campus people can get to the events with relative ease. Creighton is truly reaping the benefits of Omaha's progressive thinking and planning.

When you really look at CU's facilities, they have as good or better than not only every school in the Valley, but I'd dare say as anyone in the nation (for Hoops, Soccer and Baseball). Not only that, but with the women have some great digs for Volleyball and hoops as well.

Fans always say things like this about their own school, when they really have no clue about what type of facilities there are around the country, and their own conferences.

I've seen UNI's facilities first hand. I feel very confident in stating that Creighton's blows them away.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » June 26th, 2011, 12:53 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
I've seen UNI's facilities first hand. I feel very confident in stating that Creighton's blows them away.

Absolutely not.

Why are you bringing up UNI anyway?
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bearvision » June 26th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Last edited by Bearvision on June 26th, 2011, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ferd Berfel » June 27th, 2011, 6:31 am

College Soccer News ranked CU's soccer stadium as #1 in the country for college soccer.

Soccer?

You play the Soccer card in this facility debate?

Soccer sucks, no one cares about Soccer. A bunch of kids running around that are not tough enough to play football or rugby.

The only people that watch soccer are the boyfriends/girlfriends and parents, that is it, no one cares.

At least CU owns the facility.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jays26 » June 27th, 2011, 7:18 am

Ferd Berfel wrote:
College Soccer News ranked CU's soccer stadium as #1 in the country for college soccer.

Soccer?

Soccer sucks, no one cares about Soccer. A bunch of kids running around that are not tough enough to play football or rugby.

The only people that watch soccer are the boyfriends/girlfriends and parents, that is it, no one cares.

PLEASE!!! Do us all a favor tough guy and stop posting. If you can't follow along and read the whole question that was being answered save us all the lost seconds of having to read your inane posts. :Bam:

It was a question about total facilities with soccer being one of them, along with baseball and basketball.

Question for the mods on this board: Is there a way to block certain posters posts? If not, please find a way!

Thank you!
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » June 27th, 2011, 7:36 am

Strike that last question...figured it out.... :D
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » June 27th, 2011, 12:49 pm

[quote="Ferd Berfel]Soccer sucks, no one cares about Soccer. [/quote]

I don't like soccer, but there are people who do. I hope we don't hear how bowling is better because WSU won 25 non-NCAA club version national titles in it anytime soon if they don't count soccer as a sport.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » June 27th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Nobody cares about soccer. Nobody cares about bowling. It seems like the only time bowling is ever brought up is by non-WSU fans.

Nobody especially cares about soccer or bowling in the BASEBALL forum. I'm not quite sure how the College World Series thread turned into a thread about my facilities are better than yours, but let's try to get back on topic.

Big SEC final starts tonight. I think Florida takes it.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby oneNEIGHBOR » June 27th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Ferd Berfel wrote:

Soccer?

You are an ignorant asshole...
Go Shockers!
Ready for some basketball!
oneNEIGHBOR
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Snaggletooth » June 27th, 2011, 3:09 pm

My question is bowling more popular than soccer in America?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball