The MVC Report - Southern Illinois Preview

A list of links to message boards, game day audio, and local columnists.

Postby MVCfans » October 4th, 2011, 2:42 pm

I will be offering my team previews over the next couple of weeks leading up the MVC Media Day on October 25. I will try to highlight what I think are the questions and concerns for each team and give a realistic prediction of what I see happening. Hopefully, these will be informative and help you prepare for the upcoming basketball season.

My 10th place team is the Southern Illinois Salukis:
The MVC Report - Southern Illinois Salukis Preview

Please understand these are my opinions only (and I've been known to be wrong before).

I welcome your feedback.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The MVC Report - Southern Illinois Preview

Postby Wufan » October 4th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Nice read. Is there anyway that C Low keeps his job for another season?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby panther-state » October 4th, 2011, 3:33 pm

Wufan wrote:Nice read. Is there anyway that C Low keeps his job for another season?

If he wins...I'd say they need to be above .500 in MVC and then have 16-18+ wins overall. If he can do that with the team we think he has then I don't think I could say, "Screw the $$ we'll lose, get rid of him". A decent season buys him another year of breathing room in my opinion. If the last 3 seasons didn't get him fired, but 16-18+ win season does, then I think there are some other departments that need to be cleaned out at SIU.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bigdawg » October 5th, 2011, 7:37 am

I can't argue with anything predicted. Thanks for the video too. It brought back some good memories.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » October 5th, 2011, 1:10 pm

Wufan wrote:Nice read. Is there anyway that C Low keeps his job for another season?

Have the budgetary concerns subsided? Isn't that the only thing keeping SIU from firing him?
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Return to The MVC Report and other MVC links