Official MVCfans.com Prediction - 1st Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will win 2010-2011 MVC mens basketball season regular season title?

Missouri State
42%
Wichita State
58%

Total votes : 96

Re: Official MVCfans.com Prediction - 1st Place

Postby valleychamp » October 6th, 2010, 1:46 pm

beatingrillz wrote:I think Jake is a great coach but if i was a prospective recruit unless i really pride myself in knock out drag-out defense i am gonna look else where. I think i would go to a name and the biggest basketball name is martin which is prolly why he was named the best recruiter in the valley.

:lol:
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » October 6th, 2010, 2:14 pm

Jacobsen has a S16 in only his second or third year as a head coach. That's great, but that means he did it with someone else's recruits.

Lowery won 2 S16's with someone else's recruits. I think we've all seen how that worked out.

Speaking of new coaches, winning games, and recruiting - who recruited Weems? Was that Martin or was Weems left over from Barry's recruiting?
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » October 6th, 2010, 2:28 pm

valleychamp wrote:
WuDrWu wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:Actually I think it will be UNI in the end that will sneak up and do. Jake is the man that every MVC team would love to have as their coach and will quickly reload and dominate once again.

Wrong on a multitude of levels.

No chance, no how.

Love Jake all you want, he'll never win at the next level, and may not even get a shot. If he didn't after this last year, it will become less likely from here on out.

Your UNI complex is hilarious.

I have an Indiana State complex. I can't stand those guys!
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » October 6th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Aargh wrote:Jacobsen has a S16 in only his second or third year as a head coach. That's great, but that means he did it with someone else's recruits.

Lowery won 2 S16's with someone else's recruits. I think we've all seen how that worked out.

Speaking of new coaches, winning games, and recruiting - who recruited Weems? Was that Martin or was Weems left over from Barry's recruiting?

Last year was Ben Jacobson's 4th year as head coach. Prior to that, he was the lead assistant coach and involved in recruiting all of our players since Mcdermott arrived in 2001.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » October 6th, 2010, 2:37 pm

Aargh wrote:Jacobsen has a S16 in only his second or third year as a head coach. That's great, but that means he did it with someone else's recruits.

Only Eglseder and Koch were recruited under McDermott, but both of them signed to play for BJ.

Ali, Moran, Kwadzo, Sonnen, J Koch, O'Rear, and every single other player are Jake's guys.

And as 99 said, BJ was heavily involved in recruiting while he was on staff before becoming head coach.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby beatingrillz » October 6th, 2010, 2:48 pm

I like jake and I do believe that he does a greatjob recuiting to his system but with that said the statement that any player in the valley would like him and I for one would have to disagree there is no chance he will ever bring in the high offensive threat because no one wants to commit to the 55-57 games he likes to play.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » October 6th, 2010, 2:56 pm

beatingrillz wrote:I like jake and I do believe that he does a greatjob recuiting to his system but with that said the statement that any player in the valley would like him and I for one would have to disagree there is no chance he will ever bring in the high offensive threat because no one wants to commit to the 55-57 games he likes to play.

I didn't catch where someone said any player in the valley would like him. As for the lower scoring games, yes. Some recruits might not like that statistic. But others might look at the over 22 wins a year average as a more important statistic.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby beatingrillz » October 6th, 2010, 3:23 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
Kip Dynamite wrote:I voted for the Shocks but I'm not completely convinced that either MSU, CU or UNI won't sneak up and win the thing in the end.

Actually I think it will be UNI in the end that will sneak up and do. Jake is the man that every MVC team would love to have as their coach and will quickly reload and dominate once again.

i am sorry i see that this says everyteam which to me meant every player i for one can think of 2 coaches in the valley right now i would take over jake and maybe even a third. As to him reloading we will have to see i think it will be difficult to find another monster in the middle
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » October 6th, 2010, 3:33 pm

valleychamp wrote:
Right.

I forgot, nobody cares about lil 'ol UNI.

After all, what have we ever done?

Exactly. It's not as if UNI really has done anything. They've had two good years and went to one Sweet 16. In the very short run they have done a little, but in the grand scheme of things, they have done nothing.

In reality, you are teetering on a political disaster with your entire athletic program at stake. You won the last battle, but that war will never end. Once these funding wars start, they never die. In a year or two someone else trying to earn political capital will bring it up again. These are issues that once started, never die. In fact, Cal Berkley, a Pac 10 program just cut their baseball team, same as UNI. More cuts are to come at Berkley, the mighty Bears are in a diogfight to right their program before the politicians scuttle it. I don't think anyone here is jealous of what is happening at Berkley or Cedar Falls.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » October 6th, 2010, 4:27 pm

MoValley John wrote:
valleychamp wrote:
Right.

I forgot, nobody cares about lil 'ol UNI.

After all, what have we ever done?

Exactly. It's not as if UNI really has done anything. They've had two good years and went to one Sweet 16. In the very short run they have done a little, but in the grand scheme of things, they have done nothing.

In reality, you are teetering on a political disaster with your entire athletic program at stake. You won the last battle, but that war will never end. Once these funding wars start, they never die. In a year or two someone else trying to earn political capital will bring it up again. These are issues that once started, never die. In fact, Cal Berkley, a Pac 10 program just cut their baseball team, same as UNI. More cuts are to come at Berkley, the mighty Bears are in a diogfight to right their program before the politicians scuttle it. I don't think anyone here is jealous of what is happening at Berkley or Cedar Falls.

How will we ever compete? We should just quit now, while we are ahead.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball