Missouri State awarded 2012 MVC baseball tournament

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: Missouri State awarded 2012 MVC baseball tournament

Postby Ferd Berfel » June 8th, 2011, 4:22 am

Creighton has the best soccer facilites. Creighton has the best soccer history in the MVC. When the bids go out for hosting the MVC tourney we rarely get it even though we offer the highest bid.

But one one cares about Soccer.....http://www.soccersucks.net/
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby blueblood » June 8th, 2011, 8:46 am

I knew you'd say that but you get the point. The MVC is consistant about spreading the tourneys about and not concerned about attempting to make money in its tourneys.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » June 8th, 2011, 11:03 am

blueblood wrote:I knew you'd say that but you get the point. The MVC is consistant about spreading the tourneys about and not concerned about attempting to make money in its tourneys.

so are you saying that the MVC will be consistent and spread the basketball tournament around - say in KC?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby blueblood » June 8th, 2011, 11:46 am

Well, except basketball. I see the Shockers point in regards to having the baseball toruney in Wichita every year. It probably makes the league the most money and if it is on TV it looks good on TV. TD did however look real good on TV this year with the second bigget crowd in MVC tourney history. Even if you hate soccer there is no comparison to how unfair it is to not have the MVC tourney at Morrsion every year. Should the game be televised in a corn field or at Morrsion? To my knowledge even with Creigthton being the highest bidder it has only been at Creighton once prior to this year.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » June 8th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
blueblood wrote:I knew you'd say that but you get the point. The MVC is consistant about spreading the tourneys about and not concerned about attempting to make money in its tourneys.

so are you saying that the MVC will be consistent and spread the basketball tournament around - say in KC?

How's this for a deal ----

You get the MVC baseball tourney each year (even though TD Ameritrade is a nicer facility) because you can draw more fans.

In exchange, the basketball tourney is moved to Omaha, where it will draw more people.

Deal?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » June 8th, 2011, 5:10 pm

That's a horrible analogy. In basketball, where the site must be a neutral venue, Kansas City is neutral. Omaha is not. Kansas City would also benefit the Creighton basketball contingent.

I'm having trouble understanding why Snaggletooth's post caused a stir in you. I'm having more trouble trying to figure out your "deal" that made no sense in the point Snaggletooth was making.

Of course it's nicer. It's the home of the College World Series and it opened up this year. From 19-whatever to last year, you guys played in a glorified high school softball/tennis park. I understand the need for you to boast about something that isn't even yours. But your whole analogy was God-awful.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » June 15th, 2011, 12:56 pm

blueblood wrote:Well, except basketball. I see the Shockers point in regards to having the baseball toruney in Wichita every year. It probably makes the league the most money and if it is on TV it looks good on TV. TD did however look real good on TV this year with the second bigget crowd in MVC tourney history. Even if you hate soccer there is no comparison to how unfair it is to not have the MVC tourney at Morrsion every year. Should the game be televised in a corn field or at Morrsion? To my knowledge even with Creigthton being the highest bidder it has only been at Creighton once prior to this year.

MVC soccer is better than MVC baseball.

Bradley, Drake and Creighton have all been to the final eight of the NCAA tournament in recent years and the league is generally a multi-bid league.

Creighton hasn't been shorted for hosting and has probably hosted the men's championship five or six times and at least that many women's - which is more than any other school.

The MVC used to do a neutral site for the men in the St. Louis area, but that was before Morrison was built.

That said, Morrison Stadium is one of the premier soccer facilities in the country and should be used as often as possible, IMO.

Bradley and Evansville also have nice on-campus (or close) venues that they own and Bradley does well with attendance. Those factors make soccer a more complex decision than it is in baseball.

Baseball should probably be in Wichita or TD park every season. If you can play at the CWS site, you should.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocker3 » January 16th, 2012, 6:48 pm

Okay why don't we compromise and play the soccer tournament in Omaha most years and the baseball tournament in Wichita most years.

And while we are at it, why don't we play the basketball tournament in Kansas City at least once every 3 years or so.
http://www.tomsawyer2wayradios.com
shocker3
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 5th, 2012, 11:24 am

Oh please you lose any credibility you have when you mention that pussy sport called soccer.

No one cares about soccer with the exception of the parents, girlfriends and boyfriends of soccer players involved.

I know parents that are ashamed to tell their friends that their kids play soccer one tells his buddies that his son was a janitor in a whorehouse while in college rather than admit that he played soccer.

It is a totally ponderous so called sport that should be banned.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 19th, 2012, 12:31 am

Ferd Berfel wrote:

Oh please you lose any credibility you have when you mention that pussy sport called soccer.

No one cares about soccer with the exception of the parents, girlfriends and boyfriends of soccer players involved.

I know parents that are ashamed to tell their friends that their kids play soccer one tells his buddies that his son was a janitor in a whorehouse while in college rather than admit that he played soccer.

It is a totally ponderous so called sport that should be banned.

Soccer is much more popular worldwide then slow, dull baseball. And it is taking hold in this country too. I bet in 20 years 80 percent of MLB will be made up of just Japanese and Dominicans. Within a couple of generations soccer will be more popular so all the haters should get used to it.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball