Missouri Valley Conference baseball tournament

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: Missouri Valley Conference baseball tournament

Postby Snaggletooth » May 25th, 2012, 6:19 am

beatingrillz wrote:
Bears weren't given a chance to win league penalize them for weather?

Yes they did, they could one 1 more against ISUB or not lost 2 out of 3 to evansville and bradley. 3 Opportunities to win the MVC and didn't.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 25th, 2012, 6:51 am

Frankly Missouri State has by a pretty big margin the best at large profile in the MVC. I feel pretty comfortable saying that on Monday the only Valley teams you will see popping up on ESPNU will be MSU and the winner of SIUC/CU. I did a little mock up bracket last night and came down with basically Texas and Indiana State for the last spot. I put Texas in based on name but even when I looked then at the resumes Texas looked better. ISUblue really needed to do any of the following in the last week to secure a spot: A. Beat Purdue B. Win series with MSU C. Not go two and BBQ in Springfield. They went 0-3.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » May 25th, 2012, 6:56 am

MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » May 25th, 2012, 6:59 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Frankly Missouri State has by a pretty big margin the best at large profile in the MVC. I feel pretty comfortable saying that on Monday the only Valley teams you will see popping up on ESPNU will be MSU and the winner of SIUC/CU. I did a little mock up bracket last night and came down with basically Texas and Indiana State for the last spot. I put Texas in based on name but even when I looked then at the resumes Texas looked better. ISUblue really needed to do any of the following in the last week to secure a spot: A. Beat Purdue B. Win series with MSU C. Not go two and BBQ in Springfield. They went 0-3.

I tweeted with Aaron Fitt of Baseball America yesterday and he said he has Missouri State in the NCAA tournament.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 25th, 2012, 8:27 am

Great fan support this week in Springfield, why have it anywhere else with crowds like this?
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » May 25th, 2012, 8:53 am

Ferd Berfel wrote:Great fan support this week in Springfield, why have it anywhere else with crowds like this?

Look pal it ain't our fault that there isn't anything else to do in Wichita. We have admirable support when you consider we have a AA baseball team in town and there are plentiful activities for outdoor adventure in the Ozarks. Wichita doesn't have either. I'd love to have 5,000 a game but I understand because we have other things to do outside of watching basbeall.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » May 25th, 2012, 9:24 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Ferd Berfel wrote:Great fan support this week in Springfield, why have it anywhere else with crowds like this?

Look pal it ain't our fault that there isn't anything else to do in Wichita. We have admirable support when you consider we have a AA baseball team in town and there are plentiful activities for outdoor adventure in the Ozarks. Wichita doesn't have either. I'd love to have 5,000 a game but I understand because we have other things to do outside of watching basbeall.

If you have better things to do than have it in Omaha or Wichita...
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 25th, 2012, 9:35 am

Jet915 wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:

If you have better things to do than have it in Omaha or Wichita...

Hey guys don't get your panties in a bunch.

I find it amazing that you drew as many as you did, a little over 900 per game to watch NCAA caliber tournament team SWOMO is admirable, considering everything there is to do in Springfield.

I thought that four or five hundred would be tops since that is what the average home attendance this year was.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bearvision » May 25th, 2012, 10:04 am

I knew we'd hear about this...frankly, no excuse for it. Wichita supports the tournament better, you'll get no argument here.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ferd Berfel » May 25th, 2012, 10:16 am

Bearvision wrote:

I knew we'd hear about this...frankly, no excuse for it. Wichita supports the tournament better, you'll get no argument here.

Obviously Omaha, Wichita and Springfield are the choices to host on a rotating basis.

Omaha is the best facility, Springfield the second and Wichita third.

When you go past that the interest and fan base for college baseball does not justify any other locations.

I do temper that knowing that the fanbase in Wichita is getting smaller and smaller each year as Gene continues to put subpar teams on the field. This was the worst Shocker baseball team that I have ever seen, no hitting, little pitching and next year will not be much better.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball