MVC Standings

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

MVC Standings

Postby MoValley John » October 1st, 2012, 10:53 am

I don't follow 1-AA ball, but during the slow off season, I will occasionally look at this forum to get some perspective of how Valley schools are doing. I don't see much activity at all. I take it that once again, UNI is running away with the league again and SIU is at their heels. Is Indiana State still becoming the next USC?

Anyway, why don't you MVFC fans inform us of how the league is setting up this year?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

MVC Standings

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC Standings

Postby PantherSigEp » October 2nd, 2012, 10:33 am

NDSU and Youngstown State are leading the league and will probably end 1-2. UNI and Illinois State will battle for 3rd. UNI is currently 1-4 (losses to Wisconsin, Iowa, NDSU and YSU) with the #12 SOS in all of D-I football (just below Arkansas and Arizona). Looking to run the table if the team can get together this bye week and focus on the rest of the season. A lot of youth with a freshman QB and young front 7 on defense. Couldn't have picked a more brutal start to the season for this young team.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 2nd, 2012, 12:27 pm

MSU is horrible. My love for 1AA football is at an alltime low. I think a couple people care in Cedarloo, Boone, NC, Fargo, and Bozeman, MT and that is about it. I consider myself one of the biggest college sports fans in this state and I really don't know the MVFC standings. I can recite women's soccer RPI numbers, I know PABLO ratings in volleyball, follow all sorts of metrics for college baseball, but I am at an alltime low following FCS action.

I mean if we transformed into NDSU over night and won an FCS title would anyone really care in Springfield? I am really getting the impression that being FBS and making it to a bowl game is all that counts in this world. And anyone who isn't moving up or working mighty hard to move up is just wasting their time.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaliRdBrd » October 3rd, 2012, 8:55 am

Redbirds!!
CaliRdBrd
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » October 6th, 2012, 12:52 pm

MSU is indeed horrible again this year. They are an embarrassment. Its hard to understand how we can be so competitive in most sports and so bad in football.

I do disagree with you regarding fan interest Casey. Put a competitive team on the field and interest would pick up.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby JayJ79 » October 6th, 2012, 1:28 pm

The general sports fanbase cares about non-BCS FBS football (Sunbelt, C-USA, MAC, etc.) just as much as they care about FCS football.

So in that regard, "moving up" just means you're increasing your expenses quite a bit, just to be "ignored" the same as before.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » October 6th, 2012, 5:14 pm

JayJ79 wrote:The general sports fanbase cares about non-BCS FBS football (Sunbelt, C-USA, MAC, etc.) just as much as they care about FCS football.

So in that regard, "moving up" just means you're increasing your expenses quite a bit, just to be "ignored" the same as before.

Not true....but I'll let you continue to think that.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby JayJ79 » October 6th, 2012, 6:04 pm

uniftw wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:The general sports fanbase cares about non-BCS FBS football (Sunbelt, C-USA, MAC, etc.) just as much as they care about FCS football.

ask the random sports fan about the Sunbelt standings, and they'll know just as much about them as they know about the MVFC standings.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » October 6th, 2012, 6:33 pm

JayJ79 wrote:
uniftw wrote:

ask the random sports fan about the Sunbelt standings, and they'll know just as much about them as they know about the MVFC standings.

Yet they'd call them D1.....how many of those fans would call any MVFC D2...probably 90% of them.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby JayJ79 » October 6th, 2012, 6:47 pm

I just don't think it's worth the extra expense of "moving up" just to make the typical moron sports fan slightly less confused about your team.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to College and NFL Football