NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Postby Lakesbison » February 7th, 2013, 4:41 pm

NDSU & SDSU (or just NDSU) need to be in the MVC basketball league asap, the summit lost umkc (even though they added Denver U for next year) Oakland and eastern teams are sniffing around.

***In my opinion The time is NOW, NDSU & SDSU must use their football power that they have built up and demand to be included into the MVC or leave the MVFC and go FBS.***

NDSU is almost ready to start on a new arena, SDSU's arena isnt that bad, both only average 3500-5000 fans, but I guarantee with a MVC schedule and new arena, NDSU will be sold out for 6500-7000 nightly.

Both programs are legit, made noise recently. NDSU #64 RPI SDSU #66 RPI top 4 in the MVC.

lets do this! :Cheers:
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Postby valleychamp » February 7th, 2013, 4:44 pm

I propose that we get out in front of this problem and ban this guy right now.

Trust me.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Lakesbison » February 7th, 2013, 4:45 pm

huh? ive been here just as long as you. I have done nothing wrong on here ever.

I really want to see NDSU in the MVC, sorry that NDSU fans are passionate and that we stole your prized football recruit yesterday, geez.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » February 7th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Lakesbison wrote:huh? ive been here just as long as you. I have done nothing wrong on here ever.

I really want to see NDSU in the MVC, sorry that NDSU fans are passionate and that we stole your prized football recruit yesterday, geez.

You're a dumbass that has been banned from every board you go to except this one and PantherNation (for a reason that still escaped 99% of the posters there). You've been banned from a website where you are one of two posters they've EVER banned.

The MVFC has nothing to do with you getting into the MVC. If the Dakota schools get in I hope UNI has a plan in place to get the F out asap (like every other school). The MVC would become the Summit part deux.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 7th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Lakesbison wrote:NDSU & SDSU (or just NDSU) need to be in the MVC basketball league asap, the summit lost umkc (even though they added Denver U for next year) Oakland and eastern teams are sniffing around.

***In my opinion The time is NOW, NDSU & SDSU must use their football power that they have built up and demand to be included into the MVC or leave the MVFC and go FBS.***

NDSU is almost ready to start on a new arena, SDSU's arena isnt that bad, both only average 3500-5000 fans, but I guarantee with a MVC schedule and new arena, NDSU will be sold out for 6500-7000 nightly.

Both programs are legit, made noise recently. NDSU #64 RPI SDSU #66 RPI top 4 in the MVC.

lets do this! :Cheers:

Don't mind the others. I am intrigued. State your case if you please. I am willing to hear what the Dakota schools have to offer in the words of their supporters and alums.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Lakesbison » February 7th, 2013, 5:10 pm

thank you kind sir. UNI fans dont much like NDSU since we won 2 natl fball titles in 5 years in MVFC, while they've been there 40+ years with 0.

I am only banned from 3 message boards..

Casey Garrison. NDSU is 55% Minnesotan's and have a great fanbase in Minnesota and Minneapolis, NDSU fans are loyal, passionate. when NDSU played in NCAA in 09 vs Kansas at Metrodome, they had 12,000 fans there.

NDSU educationally is a top ranked research university and great engineering, pharmacy programs.

NDSU will have a brand new arena built in time to join the MVC basketball league and our fans travel and will go on the road alot.

Basketball wise, after the 2009 Fab 4 that became the 1st team in its 1st year of eligibilty to make the big dance, we obviously struggled, but always put out good basketball teams.

2012-2013 team is 18-5 #64 RPI and 1st place in summit with some really good soph/freshman class, we boost the #1 FG % shooter in the entire NCAA in 6 8 Marshall Bjorkland (Minn AP player of year in 2009)

Fargo has 150,000 population with a partying downtown atmosphere, safe town and Microsoft, Catapillar among its businesses, Airport is very nice and busy with the OIL MONEY coming through and is 40 miles from the great lakes area of minnesota (Detroit Lakes)
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Lakesbison » February 7th, 2013, 5:19 pm

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_ski ... &f=1062791

starts at 3:20 talk about creighton leaving MVC, and NDSU/SDSU coming in?

also this http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/ << Where things get really interesting is the speculation behind why the Kangaroos - pretty centrally placed and unremarkably successful - would leave the Summit for the far-flung and reforming WAC: Because the Dakota schools are inevitably bound for the Missouri Valley.

That’s the theory floated by Kansas City Star reporter Blair Kerkhoff
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jwa123 » February 7th, 2013, 5:34 pm

Lakesbison wrote:huh? ive been here just as long as you. I have done nothing wrong on here ever.

You really want to see NDSU in The Valley. That might be all right with me but most likely not with some others. However, I have to ask why do you want in The Valley now? Over the last few months you really wanted in the MAC and recently you added the MWC as a conference you really wanted to be in.

I personally think NDSU has a lot to offer but I'm not sure that's the case in a bball oriented league. Unfortunately for you, people at fan site forums don't make these decisions. Then again maybe it is fortunate.

Good luck - I look forward to the dialog.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » February 7th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Can NDSU bring the MVC to Fox Sports North?
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BCPanther » February 7th, 2013, 5:41 pm

I would have no problem with NDSU, there is money there and a rabid fan base that will pony up to be competitive.

In my personal ideal world. The Valley takes MVFC football under its wing and moves up to the FBS as a group. UNI, NDSU, MSU, SIU, and Illinois State would be on board. You reach out to Tulsa to add in all sports and find one more football school with solid basketball and you are good to go with a solid 7 team football league and 12 team basketball league (I'm assuming Creighton has one foot out the door already...)
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball