NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Postby BCPanther » February 7th, 2013, 5:42 pm

unipanther99 wrote:Can NDSU bring the MVC to Fox Sports North?

According to a former booster club president up there the answer is yes. That gives expands our regional footprint to nine states.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Fargobison » February 7th, 2013, 5:45 pm

BCPanther wrote:I would have no problem with NDSU, there is money there and a rabid fan base that will pony up to be competitive.

In my personal ideal world. The Valley takes MVFC football under its wing and moves up to the FBS as a group. UNI, NDSU, MSU, SIU, and Illinois State would be on board. You reach out to Tulsa to add in all sports and find one more football school with solid basketball and you are good to go with a solid 7 team football league and 12 team basketball league (I'm assuming Creighton has one foot out the door already...)

I also want this, when NDSU joined the MVFC there was some talk about moving to the FBS together at some point.

I do think NDSU and SDSU could be solid members as well, both schools have done well in DI thus far.
Fargobison
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Lakesbison » February 7th, 2013, 5:45 pm

Yes NDSU could bring FSN north to the MVC , especially with UNI, and even maybe SDSU.

NDSU would love to go FBS in football, but if they cant go FBS, then Missouri Valley is the best spot, it would create crossover football/basketball rivals.

NDSU/UNI
NDSU/Illinois St
NDSU/Southern Illinois
NDSU/Indiana State
NDSU/Missouri State.

thats' 5 right there that would solidfy the MVC for years to come.

NOT TO MENTION THE OTHER SPORTS:
NDSU 5000 new baseball arena, new track and field complex Softball team was in elite 8, Soccer and volleyball teams have went to NCAA's multiple times.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheAsianSensation » February 7th, 2013, 5:50 pm

Would NDSU/SDSU be a package deal? Heck, would all 4 Dakotas be a package deal? What's the story with North Dakota these days, still hung up by the nickname thing, or just content to be in the Big Sky long-term? I'm just wondering how invites would happen if it came to it. The MVC HAS to protect its basketball product (and you'll find a lot of people here see this as a basketball conference first and would sacrifice football power to keep it that way).
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Fargobison » February 7th, 2013, 5:54 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:Would NDSU/SDSU be a package deal? Heck, would all 4 Dakotas be a package deal? What's the story with North Dakota these days, still hung up by the nickname thing, or just content to be in the Big Sky long-term? I'm just wondering how invites would happen if it came to it. The MVC HAS to protect its basketball product (and you'll find a lot of people here see this as a basketball conference first and would sacrifice football power to keep it that way).

NDSU and SDSU were a package deal for football I guess.

UND is in the Big Sky. They are a hockey school, basketball is an afterthought there. NDSU is not in anyway tied to them. SDSU and USD might have some more political issues.

NDSU is spending $32 million to renovate our basketball arena, I've posted that here before. SDSU has traditionally been a basketball school.
Fargobison
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby da_bears » February 7th, 2013, 5:57 pm

no thanks. You guys bring nothing to the conference other than a low population state we won't recruit and longer travel.
da_bears
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby BCPanther » February 7th, 2013, 6:01 pm

Fargobison wrote:
BCPanther wrote:I would have no problem with NDSU, there is money there and a rabid fan base that will pony up to be competitive.

In my personal ideal world. The Valley takes MVFC football under its wing and moves up to the FBS as a group. UNI, NDSU, MSU, SIU, and Illinois State would be on board. You reach out to Tulsa to add in all sports and find one more football school with solid basketball and you are good to go with a solid 7 team football league and 12 team basketball league (I'm assuming Creighton has one foot out the door already...)

I also want this, when NDSU joined the MVFC there was some talk about moving to the FBS together at some point.

I do think NDSU and SDSU could be solid members as well, both schools have done well in DI thus far.

Not interested in SDSU until they address their facilities. That basketball arena is ancient...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Fargobison » February 7th, 2013, 6:03 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Fargobison wrote:

Not interested in SDSU until they address their facilities. That basketball arena is ancient...

Not sure what they have planned there. All I know is that they want to build a new football stadium and an indoor practice facility.
Fargobison
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Lakesbison » February 7th, 2013, 6:12 pm

watch NDSU v Oakland right here. great basketball http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/167773/1/ ... ta-st.html

what are you talking about NDSU travels big time, and its not NORTH DAKOTA STATE.. .you'd be getting into MINNESOTA bigtime.

Not a package deal, necissarily. although it'd be nice to keep NDSU/SDSU together.. we dont care about the usd/und people, they are D2 mentality.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Lakesbison » February 7th, 2013, 6:14 pm

da_bears wrote:no thanks. You guys bring nothing to the conference other than a low population state we won't recruit and longer travel.

NDSU is 55% minnesotan's. You dont recruit the Twin Cities? then you arent recruiting right.

low population state? forget the state, its the 230,000 around Fargo and western Minnesota.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball