College baseball practice begins

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby MVCfans » January 26th, 2013, 9:12 am

Yesterday was the first day for college baseball programs to begin practicing and the season gets underway in just a few weeks. It will be an interesting year as Dallas Baptist joins the MVC this season. I haven't seen a preseason poll yet, but I expect DBU to contend right away as they open a beautiful new stadium this year.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: College baseball practice begins

Postby Snaggletooth » January 28th, 2013, 11:06 pm

MVCfans wrote:It will be an interesting year as Dallas Baptist joins the MVC this season. I haven't seen a preseason poll yet, but I expect DBU to contend right away as they open a beautiful new stadium this year.

No they don't, therefore no they won't contend. DBU won't be joining the MVC until 2014.

This fiasco is why you can expect the worst when the MVC considers filling the CU spot when they leave. This was a no-brainer for the MVC but they still screwed it all up.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 2nd, 2013, 6:02 pm

I cannot wait until the start of this season. I have never been this geeked for a Missouri State baseball squad like I am this year. Partially this is because of the massive failing of football and basketball going through a very rough campaign early on.

Our pitching is going to be really, really good but I love the athleticism of this team on defense and the basepaths. I would not at all be shocked to see us win a Regional--if we aren't sent to Fayetteville because that would be really tough. No matter what I can't wait for the journey to begin!

The conference is going to be interesting. I saw CU was picked pretty low like seventh in the preseason poll. I think they could be a sleeper team. Wichita needs to be a lot more consistent. If they can find three weekend starters that can simply give them quality starts more often than not then I think they can be a Regional team. I hope to study the teams some more and have so more detailed analysis the week the season starts. Can't wait (say that in Bart Scott's voice)!
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby carrcar » February 13th, 2013, 9:28 pm

It snowed here this morning...stupid to play baseball in the winter. Keep it a summer sport as God intended.
carrcar
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 13th, 2013, 9:37 pm

carrcar wrote:It snowed here this morning...stupid to play baseball in the winter. Keep it a summer sport as God intended.

Uh yeah that would kill the sport. Would conflict with the summer leagues and how many of the 298 D1 programs are going to pay extra to keep dining halls, dorms, etc open in the summer just for the baseball program. Southern schools have an advantage but Northern schools have every opportunity. Look at Stony Brook and Kent State last year.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball