Tapatalk

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Re: Tapatalk

Postby uniftw » November 7th, 2012, 12:55 pm

MVCfans wrote:
uniftw wrote:Basketball season is here...meaning my site usage (along with most) is about to skyrocket.

Any update?

http://www.tapatalk.com/faq.php

My focus has been on other things to be honest. I'll check into it, but don't want to promise anything at the moment.

I understand that.

I've talked with people who run multiple forums (and have all of them on tapatalk), and they have said it took like 5 minutes tops.

Just would be a neat feature to have during the season.

If it's not a priority though, I get it. You've done a great job with other projects. :Yea!:
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 8th, 2012, 6:43 am

uniftw wrote:
MVCfans wrote:
uniftw wrote:Basketball season is here...meaning my site usage (along with most) is about to skyrocket.

Any update?

http://www.tapatalk.com/faq.php

My focus has been on other things to be honest. I'll check into it, but don't want to promise anything at the moment.

I understand that.

I've talked with people who run multiple forums (and have all of them on tapatalk), and they have said it took like 5 minutes tops.

Just would be a neat feature to have during the season.

If it's not a priority though, I get it. You've done a great job with other projects. :Yea!:

For the non-tech savvy out there, can you explain to us what Tapatalk is and why we would want to use it? Thanks.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » November 8th, 2012, 7:00 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
For the non-tech savvy out there, can you explain to us what Tapatalk is and why we would want to use it? Thanks.

It's a smartphone/tablet app that allows you to read forums on your phone without using the browser. About 100 times faster than trying to use your phones browser. Very simple lay out - no sigs, very small avatar pictures, just posts.

I am on 5 other forums that use it, and I use that more than the computer most days.

It's well worth 3 bucks as very few vBulletin or phpBB haven't activiated to tapatalk since it's free for the forum owner to do....currently over 40,000 message boards are on it.

Android play store version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... vity&hl=en

Review from a couple years ago using the iphone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ELOO08uC0U
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » November 8th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Tapatalk is super slick, and great for reading/posting on mobile devices. The actual tapatalk app is easier to navigate and use than this actual site is, IMO.

Here is a pic of what it looks like:

UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » November 24th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Getting a new phone soon. I assume if I've paid for tapatalk on my current driod I can redownload it on my new phone free?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 24th, 2012, 9:02 pm

If you bought it on Play Store you can. I don't have Tapatalk, the only apps I have paid for are several root tools, a photo editor and a great customisable calendar. I would recommend everyone that has an Android device, download and register with Amazon App Store. The benefit is that they offer a free app of the day, everyday. Mostly they are junk game apps, but occasionally they offer great apps for free. Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » March 2nd, 2013, 4:25 pm

With the season winding down...though likely going into it's most hectic period...is it possible for something to be rolled out during the early off season?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 13th, 2013, 10:06 pm

season had been over a week

Creighton is gone

Loyola is in...Apparently

tapatalk in as well?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer