NDSU at K-State to air on Fox Sports 1

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Postby Fargobison » March 6th, 2013, 12:05 am

Looks like this game just got a bit bigger for the Bison...

MANHATTAN — Kansas State’s 2013 football season will kick off with a version of Friday night lights.

Director of athletics John Currie announced Tuesday the Wildcats’ season opener against North Dakota State has been moved up one day to Friday, Aug. 30 at 7:30 p.m. for a national television broadcast from Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

The game against North Dakota State, the two-time defending FCS national champion, will be the debut telecast for FOX Sports 1, a new 24-hour all-sports channel. It also will be the first game at the new West Stadium Center currently under construction.

“This is an exciting opportunity for K-State, especially as we showcase the grand opening of the new West Stadium Center,” Currie said. “There is significant TV interest in this matchup against North Dakota State, which owns wins against FBS football teams Minnesota, Colorado State and KU (Kansas) in each of the last three seasons.”

http://cjonline.com/sports/2013-03-05/k ... son-friday
Fargobison
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NDSU at K-State to air on Fox Sports 1

Postby BCPanther » March 6th, 2013, 8:28 am

Good for you, now you get to get blown up in front of a national TV audience! Yay!
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Fargobison » March 6th, 2013, 2:54 pm

BCPanther wrote:Good for you, now you get to get blown up in front of a national TV audience! Yay!

I think we can give them a game, I won't go all lakesbison and predict a win or anything crazy like that but we bring basically everyone back. Should be a fun game.
Fargobison
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 6th, 2013, 6:09 pm

ISURed should have won their football game in Manhattan in 2006. I fully expect NDSU to compete with K-State for four full quarters. Would not surprise me at all if they pulled it out.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » March 6th, 2013, 7:56 pm

NDSU brings 45,000 to the game (That get into the stadium) and another 500K to tailgate....

Bison win by 28
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 7th, 2013, 10:21 am

uniftw wrote:NDSU brings 45,000 to the game (That get into the stadium) and another 500K to tailgate....

Bison win by 28

You're being a bit conservative there. They'll have at least 60k in the stadium.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » March 7th, 2013, 10:48 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:ISURed should have won their football game in Manhattan in 2006. I fully expect NDSU to compete with K-State for four full quarters. Would not surprise me at all if they pulled it out.

Fun Fact: In 2006 Travis Hafner may have been one of the most elite hitters in the MLB. Today, most people are surprised thatjust by hearing the word "Disabled List" he doesn't miss 1-2 months. My point being that a lot has changed since 2006 and I'm not sure why you think the Redbirds ability to keep it close against a program that, for four years before and after that season, never finished more than 1 game above .500, has anythingto do with a team that has gone to back-to-back BCS bowl games.

NDSU is obviously a better team than what would amount to a fairly good ISU team that year, but K-State has righted its ship and is headed towards being a Big XII powerhouse.

Not saying they can't win but lets temper our expectations and watch out for comparing apples to elephants
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 7th, 2013, 12:33 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:My point being that a lot has changed since 2006 and I'm not sure why you think the Redbirds ability to keep it close against a program that, for four years before and after that season, never finished more than 1 game above .500, has anythingto do with a team that has gone to back-to-back BCS bowl games.

That is good news for NDSU since they aren't playing a team that has gone to back to back BCS bowl games this season.

That being said, I get your point. I love everything about a Craig Bohl team though and they will give all they got.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » August 30th, 2013, 7:12 pm

NDSU draws first blood and leads 7-0. 55 yard punt return after a 48 yard punt set it up. A 5-yard TD pass (on a really nice route by the receiver) finished it off.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » August 30th, 2013, 9:48 pm

Holy cow! What a win for North Dakota St.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to College and NFL Football