Request to all Valley Fans - Let CBS hear your voice

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Request to all Valley Fans - Let CBS hear your voice

Postby BCPanther » March 12th, 2013, 7:54 am

Jamie Pollard, AD at Iowa State, would be a fantastic choice. He's a big ideas guy that is an unabashed cheerleader.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » March 12th, 2013, 8:54 am

BCPanther wrote:Jamie Pollard, AD at Iowa State, would be a fantastic choice. He's a big ideas guy that is an unabashed cheerleader.

And he makes $900K a year.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » March 12th, 2013, 2:51 pm

agrinut wrote:I mean when you have a broke back leader

Are you trying to insinuate something here?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » March 13th, 2013, 9:13 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
agrinut wrote:I mean when you have a broke back leader

Are you trying to insinuate something here?

Not what you are thinking, I know there is nothing he can do. I just really wish he didn't feel the need to pimp our programs to keep his baby (Bracket Busters) alive. I wish he had the foresight to advance the league, rather then ride the coat tails of past success. We could not trust him to make proactive decisions, now we have to trust him to make reactive ones? Not a good feeling
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 16th, 2013, 11:58 am

For those keeping score, CBS just did it again in a few parts of the country, going away from CUSA for the B1G.

Only this time, we're getting live look-ins at overtime during the timeouts in the B1G semifinal. So if you're tracking, CUSA is getting better treatment than the Valley.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby mvcfan » March 16th, 2013, 12:18 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:For those keeping score, CBS just did it again in a few parts of the country, going away from CUSA for the B1G.

Only this time, we're getting live look-ins at overtime during the timeouts in the B1G semifinal. So if you're tracking, CUSA is getting better treatment than the Valley.

CBS doesn't want to see another conference defection (CUSA) to the Food Channel. :D
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby flybird1 » March 16th, 2013, 1:00 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
agrinut wrote:I think this all starts at the top. I mean when you have a broke back leader, that allows his product to be walked on and extorted what do you expect. The league needs a new figure head cause this is not working.

I know several posters here feel that way, but who are we going to get and what would he/she do differently?

I agree, we are in the 11th hour of a team leaving, and we still don't know who the Valley is officially considering. I do have to question if we have effective leadership at the top, something like this requires vision, to put the Valley in the best possible position, Instead we let CBS slap us around, I'am afraid we are getting outwitted by the other conferences and this is not good. I always thought that SLU slipping into the A-10 happened because we let that happen. We need effective leadership at the top to take the conference forward.
flybird1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball