MVC Tournament Format - Whining Honk Kong Fu Fans

Discuss MVC baseball here

Postby Snaggletooth » May 26th, 2013, 12:49 pm

I find it interesting that Redbird fans are whining about the tournament format not being double elimination and being fair. You all voted for this format - WSU didn't, they wanted a real 6 team, traditional double-elimination format.

But the rest of the valley wanted"

1. "all teams" included (thus 8 teams instead of 6) - it is embarrassing for a program to not make the MVC tournament.

2. a tournament format that all teams had chance to win (thus stretched over longer period - so pitching isn't taxed as much)

3. No double elimination (requires deeper staff)

so you got what you wished for, not sure why you are complaining.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC Tournament Format - Whining Honk Kong Fu Fans

Postby shoxrox » May 26th, 2013, 10:16 pm

Lost it on their home turf too.

WSU finished at 5-1; Illinois State at 3-1. WSU won 2 more additional games than the Redbirds did as well.

WSU lost the 2010 Valley final as well, with only 1 loss. You wanted it; you got it. Now time to deal with it and just chalk it up to WSU ownage over Illinois State.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » May 27th, 2013, 8:18 am

What they really desire is for the coaches or SID's to vote on all championships, instead of playing them on the field or court. That way, the have-nots can get the self-esteem boost they desire without having to invest in winning and work so hard at competing.

Short of voting on championships, a system in which the down-trodden can change the rules on the fly to fix the outcome would be the ultimate. I mean, wouldn't be cool to have the league vote to handicap WSU 6 runs to start every game?

You got what you asked for, now live with it.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » May 27th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Congrats to the Shockers. I hope they do well in the NCAAs and represent The Valley in sterling fashion like they did in hoops. I was there on Saturday, and the Shox played one heck of a baseball game.

But all this animosity over a botched call in a February basketball game? It all seems a little juvenile from all parties involved. I hope both sides can bury the hatchet this summer. This board will be a lot better for it.

:Cheers:
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » May 27th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Thanks for the kind comments, Redbird Recon. You guys had a hell of a season. Congrats on that.

I tend to agree with that but it seems like a vocal 2 or 3 continue to prick and pry at us which unfortunately I retaliate back to.

Please keep posting more and bring some of the good Redbird fans back to help drown out some of the clowns.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby IllinoisState » May 28th, 2013, 5:20 am

shoxrox wrote:Thanks for the kind comments, Redbird Recon. You guys had a hell of a season. Congrats on that.

I tend to agree with that but it seems like a vocal 2 or 3 continue to prick and pry at us which unfortunately I retaliate back to.

Please keep posting more and bring some of the good Redbird fans back to help drown out some of the clowns.

No, it's really you building off of other WSU posters attacks, someone replying, and you complaining about someone starting it. The Redbird fans you call "good" are the ones that don't call you guys out for blatantly attacking other schools. About four of the WSU posters makes everything about them. Look at your signature, look at the title of this thread.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » May 28th, 2013, 8:11 am

Wow, the butter's churning at 5:00 am now? Butter must be bitter.

How in the f*** is my signature "about me"? It's about my team owning your team in every athletic event possible. You're obviously butthurt about it. My room for talk is high; yours is not. So the victor goes the spoils. Don't like it? :cry: Have your sports teams do something about it and actually win a meaningful game against WSU sometime. As it stands, you have been absolutely owned.

And like a true, pissed off, angry, and butt hurt troll you are, you can't help but let it show. Just like now. Just like in 95% of the posts you've ever made on this site.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby IllinoisState » May 28th, 2013, 8:46 am

shoxrox wrote:Wow, the butter's churning at 5:00 am now? Butter must be bitter.

How in the f*** is my signature "about me"? It's about my team owning your team in every athletic event possible. You're obviously butthurt about it. My room for talk is high; yours is not. So the victor goes the spoils. Don't like it? :cry: Have your sports teams do something about it and actually win a meaningful game against WSU sometime. As it stands, you have been absolutely owned.

And like a true, pissed off, angry, and butt hurt troll you are, you can't help but let it show. Just like now. Just like in 95% of the posts you've ever made on this site.

Thank you for helping prove my point.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » May 28th, 2013, 11:36 am

Likewise, troll.

Make that 96%.