Head Case

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Head Case

Postby NEI Panther » August 14th, 2010, 1:07 am

hot nuts wrote:We need more hate in this conference. Most of the coaches are to nice and classy. We need more characters like Bobby Knight and Steve Spurrier that are willing to demean their rivals. Too bad Jacobson and McDermott are friends...that situation has sooo much potential to create a great rivalry. It would also be nice if Jankovich and Les took a few jabs back and forth.

How do you UNI fans feel about McDermott? Is there any resentment? Throw me a bone!

I think the hate for CU will be more about the people, a lot of crap happened during this offseason that won't be forgotten soon. What UNI fans can't stand is all of the UNI ties at CU. AD is a former Alum, Assistant Coach - DeVries was a 1000 point scorer, Director of Basketball Operations - former player Erik Crawford, Basketball Coach MeDermott, former player and Coach. I think if CU is successful in the next couple of years and UNI can continue to contend, the hatred for CU will boil over :x
NEI Panther
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DUBulldog » August 14th, 2010, 7:35 am

NEI Panther wrote:
hot nuts wrote:We need more hate in this conference. Most of the coaches are to nice and classy. We need more characters like Bobby Knight and Steve Spurrier that are willing to demean their rivals. Too bad Jacobson and McDermott are friends...that situation has sooo much potential to create a great rivalry. It would also be nice if Jankovich and Les took a few jabs back and forth.

How do you UNI fans feel about McDermott? Is there any resentment? Throw me a bone!

I think the hate for CU will be more about the people, a lot of crap happened during this offseason that won't be forgotten soon. What UNI fans can't stand is all of the UNI ties at CU. AD is a former Alum, Assistant Coach - DeVries was a 1000 point scorer, Director of Basketball Operations - former player Erik Crawford, Basketball Coach MeDermott, former player and Coach. I think if CU is successful in the next couple of years and UNI can continue to contend, the hatred for CU will boil over :x

How does somebody become a former alum? :?:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SubGod22 » August 14th, 2010, 7:44 am

DUBulldog wrote:
NEI Panther wrote:

By going to work for CU
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » August 14th, 2010, 11:29 am

WSUbballer wrote:
Jay_Walking wrote:WSUBaller, there was no beer chucked at that game. It was an NIT game. So just cokes, pizza boxes and popcorn.

Marshall is an animated coach, which brings more attention to himself. Other teams will dislike hom because of that. Do I like him, no but I think he is a good coach. My dislike probably has to do more with him being the coach of WSU. I think that Matty P. is horrible and more and more CU fans are thinking that as his gestapo tatics on the BJ Cafe increase and continue. So all of us CU fans (some do) do not follow his opinions blindly including his dislike for Gregg. For the record, I think Altman jawed at the refs a lot, but he was less animated which brough less attention to himself during the game. Yes, in the 16 years at CU, Altman did get a few T's and did get overly animated at times as all coaches do!

I could've swore I saw alcoholic beverages being thrown. Had the NIT been bought by the NCAA in 06 yet?

Thanks for the response and the background surrounding your opinion. It's really too bad that Freddie let that guy take over a great thing and misrepresent the Creighton online fan community so poorly.

And for the record, Altman is a great coach. Most WSU fans similarly hated him because he was at CU and because he owned us. Animated coaches can definitely rub some the wrong way. Sometimes they get misinterpreted based on their actions. Take Frank Martin at Kansas State for example. I love the guy and his passion.

Uh ohh, someone is impersonating Baller also.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » August 14th, 2010, 11:47 am

ictjay wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:
Jay_Walking wrote:WSUBaller, there was no beer chucked at that game. It was an NIT game. So just cokes, pizza boxes and popcorn.

Marshall is an animated coach, which brings more attention to himself. Other teams will dislike hom because of that. Do I like him, no but I think he is a good coach. My dislike probably has to do more with him being the coach of WSU. I think that Matty P. is horrible and more and more CU fans are thinking that as his gestapo tatics on the BJ Cafe increase and continue. So all of us CU fans (some do) do not follow his opinions blindly including his dislike for Gregg. For the record, I think Altman jawed at the refs a lot, but he was less animated which brough less attention to himself during the game. Yes, in the 16 years at CU, Altman did get a few T's and did get overly animated at times as all coaches do!

I could've swore I saw alcoholic beverages being thrown. Had the NIT been bought by the NCAA in 06 yet?

Thanks for the response and the background surrounding your opinion. It's really too bad that Freddie let that guy take over a great thing and misrepresent the Creighton online fan community so poorly.

And for the record, Altman is a great coach. Most WSU fans similarly hated him because he was at CU and because he owned us. Animated coaches can definitely rub some the wrong way. Sometimes they get misinterpreted based on their actions. Take Frank Martin at Kansas State for example. I love the guy and his passion.

Uh ohh, someone is impersonating Baller also.

Nice contributions to the discussion as always.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » August 14th, 2010, 12:24 pm

What became of the "P" man? Is he going to play somewhere?
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » August 14th, 2010, 12:46 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:What became of the "P" man? Is he going to play somewhere?

California Penal League?
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LJay » August 14th, 2010, 4:34 pm

There's a rumor he may headed for Missouri Western in St Joe MO. Again, that's just a rumor.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » August 17th, 2010, 5:03 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
NEI Panther wrote:

By doing the things that Greg McDermott has done.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » August 17th, 2010, 5:06 pm

I think that Marshall has a tendancy to be king of douchy or classless, but as has been mentioned he has also been very respectuful at times too. I would agree he that he is hard to judge.

Jim Les is crazy though. Ticking time bomb on the sideline.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball