NCAA Baseball tourney

Discuss MVC baseball here

Re: NCAA Baseball tourney

Postby glm38 » June 6th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Great win today for the Bears. Hall was the man. So nice to shut the Razorback fans up in their own stadium. Especially after the debacle yesterday. Record crowd at Baum today. Nice experience being a part of it.

Hoping we can pull out another W tomorrow.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » June 6th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Jjclamdip wrote:
glm38 wrote:
Call it a rented facility if you want but no team in the Valley gets to play in a finer facility than Hammons field.

It doesn't matter how nice it is, it is still a rented facility, there is nothing like an on campus college facility the one at Arkansas is a great example.

Kind of like renting/hiring a whore. :dance:

In your opinion only. My opinion is MSU is lucky to play in a nicer stadium than any in the Valley. One that is even nicer than Baum. It's not on campus but it's very very close. IMO we would be crazy to not take advantage of it or to needlessly spend millions building one.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jjclamdip » June 7th, 2015, 5:18 am

glm38 wrote:
Jjclamdip wrote:
glm38 wrote:
Call it a rented facility if you want but no team in the Valley gets to play in a finer facility than Hammons field.

It doesn't matter how nice it is, it is still a rented facility, there is nothing like an on campus college facility the one at Arkansas is a great example.

Kind of like renting/hiring a whore. :dance:

In your opinion only. My opinion is MSU is lucky to play in a nicer stadium than any in the Valley. One that is even nicer than Baum. It's not on campus but it's very very close. IMO we would be crazy to not take advantage of it or to needlessly spend millions building one.

Same argument from Creighton for years, I am happy you guys love your rented whore of a stadium, it is not a college facility.
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Statman » June 7th, 2015, 6:50 am

[quote="glm38"]Great win today for the Bears. Hall was the man. So nice to shut the Razorback fans up in their own stadium.../quote]

I loved it when Hall was grinning on the mound & letting his ARM do the talking against the mouthy 'Hawgs (especially 19 HR/Cincy native Bennitendi (?)...that was college baseball at it's BEST! :buddies:

http://www.d1baseball.com/at-the-ballpa ... nsas-bats/
Last edited by Statman on June 7th, 2015, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Statman
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Statman » June 7th, 2015, 7:08 am

Jjclamdip wrote:...I am happy you guys love your rented whore of a stadium, it is not a college facility.
[/quote][/quote]

What's the "hangup?" I wish MLB would reach out and provide more "shared" opportunities, thus reducing collegiate costs. I see no reason whatsoever to criticize Mo. St. for playing their HOME GAMES in a 1st- class facility. The whole idea is ludicrous... :huh:

GO BEARS...kick butt in GM #3 today & PUNCH THAT TICKET for Omaha! The Sycamore fans are behind ya all the way...
Statman
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Championz » June 7th, 2015, 10:23 am

glm38 wrote:In your opinion only. My opinion is MSU is lucky to play in a nicer stadium than any in the Valley. One that is even nicer than Baum. It's not on campus but it's very very close. IMO we would be crazy to not take advantage of it or to needlessly spend millions building one.

Then I guess you're satisfied with the best stadium in college baseball not available for play for its home fans as a national seed with a trip to Omaha on the line.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » June 7th, 2015, 12:33 pm

Go Bears! 1 more win!
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Statman » June 7th, 2015, 4:11 pm

Bears blow BIG opportunities in 1st & 2nd innings and draw blanks...these type of situations destroy game morale as time rolls on. Guttin - bad baseball.

Hog's score all 3 runs in 1st and go scoreless the rest of game. Mo St out of NCAA Tourney... :Bam:

3-2

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/baseball/cws/ga ... =351581197
-see 1st & 2nd innings!
Statman
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby isumvc1 » June 7th, 2015, 5:08 pm

great season Bears! Hopefully next time things will work out so the super regional can be played in Springfield, would have made a huge difference in the outcome!
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » June 7th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Championz wrote:
glm38 wrote:In your opinion only. My opinion is MSU is lucky to play in a nicer stadium than any in the Valley. One that is even nicer than Baum. It's not on campus but it's very very close. IMO we would be crazy to not take advantage of it or to needlessly spend millions building one.

Then I guess you're satisfied with the best stadium in college baseball not available for play for its home fans as a national seed with a trip to Omaha on the line.

That was a problem no doubt. But the Cards were willing to work it out. It was just ludicrous the ncaa wouldn't consider it. I'll bet it won't happen again. Some accommodation will be reached ahead of time. The shared facility works 99% of the time.
Last edited by glm38 on June 7th, 2015, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Baseball