mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Arch Madness - Friday afternoon games WSU/LU - SIU/UNI

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PantherSigEp » March 4th, 2016, 4:38 pm

Even though SIU has more fouls called on them, they've been allowed to play unbelievably more physical than UNI today. Not sure if that speaks to how often SIU fouls, or how blatant the ones that have been called were.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » March 4th, 2016, 7:40 pm

squirrel wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Thought I heard the announcers say the 1-seed is 49-1 in qtrs of the tourney. Anyone know who and when the 1 was?

I couldn't find an occurrence here:
http://issuu.com/mvcsports/docs/2015-16 ... 5/31115652

But I do know that only one time in the 10-team era a play-in team has won a quarterfinal game, and that was Bradley in 1998, with a win against 2-seed Creighton. The Braves completed a 3-game sweep of the Jays in what was Dana's breakthrough year. In the Omaha game though, Buford got hurt early and didn't play the last 30 minutes IIRC. That was also only the first or second year of the 10-team setup.

It is pretty remarkable that in the nearly 20 years of the 10-team tournament and the relative strength of the league, it hasn't happened at least a few times. A lot of the tourney champions have come out of the 4-5 game though.

The quote was that a #1 has never lost to an 8, and the 1/2 seeds are 49-1 against 7-10.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » March 4th, 2016, 8:22 pm

The defensive performance (his offensive performance was pretty good too) that Baker displayed against Doyle the last 10 minutes of the second half was as suffocating a performance as I've seen this year.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » March 4th, 2016, 8:24 pm

mvcfan wrote:The defensive performance (his offensive performance was pretty good too) that Baker displayed against Doyle the last 10 minutes of the second half was as suffocating a performance as I've seen this year against a very athletic 6'5" player.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SHOXMVC » March 4th, 2016, 10:56 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:Shouldn't the coach of the year be able to cover the spread against a lowly Ramblers team?

Hey Skippy...three things.

1. Did your shat team with the best 1-12 talent in the conference according to Muller cover tonight? Oh, wait...you didn't even win the game. Off-season weights start on Monday.

2. You better get a bigger tool box. The one you're in isn't big enough.

3. Were you at the arena, because a drunk, dumb ass Redbird fan got tossed. I thought it might be you.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ricardo del Rio » March 4th, 2016, 11:17 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Thought I heard the announcers say the 1-seed is 49-1 in qtrs of the tourney. Anyone know who and when the 1 was?

The announcers said that an 8 or 9 seed had never beaten a 1 seed in MVC history.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » March 4th, 2016, 11:18 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:Shouldn't the coach of the year be able to cover the spread against a lowly Ramblers team?

Standard Red trash.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball