Wichita State - in or out?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State - in or out?

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 11th, 2016, 6:14 pm

I see where the confusion lies as well. I apologize my friend, I've misspoke in a previous post.

I want the Shockers to get in.
I don't think their resume is worthy.
However I feel they will get in due to name recognition among other things.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Play Angry » March 11th, 2016, 6:29 pm

Here's to us both being right on the ultimate result then! :Yea!:
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 11th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Amen to that.

Need as many in the dance as possible. Really need to get the Valley back to multiple bids a year. Consistent good showings in the dance is one way to do that.

:Cheers:
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » March 11th, 2016, 9:34 pm

Now that we've clarified that Redbirdgrad has believed the Shockers are in the field all along despite some understandable confusion, does anyone think they're still out? Might be interesting to hear a legit case against from someone who is holding out versus the consensus.

New Mexico State leading big in the semis of the WAC Tournament - as mentioned earlier, it would be a nice perk for WSU if the Aggies can win the autobid since that would add another Top 100 win over a tournament team to the resume.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » March 11th, 2016, 9:46 pm

As weird as it sounds, I thought WSU was out last Saturday. However, after looking at their profile over the last few days, I think they are back in. To be clear: I THINK THEY ARE IN. :D

In some ways the field came back to them: Vandy, Clemson, Syracuse, etc. And by the looks of it, Tulsa may be joining that list.

I don't blame Redbirdgrad for causing confusion. IMO, there seems to be a pool of about 18-20 teams for 10 spots, the "work left to do" group above. You could make a case for all of them to be in or out depending on your criteria.

Since this seems to be an active postseason thread I thought I'd throw in this article I found as well:
http://www.reviewjournal.com/ron-kantowski/vegas-16-basketball-tournament-needs-few-good-teams

The Vegas 16 asks teams to fork over $50,000 to play- although flights to Vegas and lodging is covered. Wow.
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 11th, 2016, 10:22 pm

PurpleAcesFootball wrote:To be clear: I THINK THEY ARE IN. :D

Hey, no shouting around here... Didn't you realize we're in a library? ;)

When I did the exercise above, trying to find at 36 at larges, I kept telling myself as I went past 30 how bad the bubble is this year. I guess that's where my internal conflict comes in. Wichitas resume screams NIT to me, but there is merit to anyone who includes them because the bubble is so weak.

Probably need to get this tourney back to 64 before even thinking about expanding it again. Not saying that because Wichita is taking advantage of a weak bubble, just that the quality of basketball in the play-ins this year may be at the lowest level we've seen since the move to 68.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » March 11th, 2016, 10:29 pm

Disastrous blowout for Tulsa tonight as noted by PurpleAcesFootball above.

South Carolina just blew an 11 point lead to lose their opener in the SEC Tournament against Georgia.

St. Bonaventure also blew a double digit second half lead to lose their A-10 Tournament opener versus Davidson. Super damaging loss for the Bonnies.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » March 12th, 2016, 8:28 am

This morning's BracketMatrix update:

http://bracketmatrix.com

Shockers in 89 of 103 brackets, average seed of 9.81. Continued steady improvement.

UNI's average seed sits at 12.40.

Lunardi's morning update:

http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Still comfortably in as an 8 seed.

Palm's morning update:

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/bracket ... palm_preSS

WSU now his third-to-last team in the field as the Shockers continue to ascend much, much more rapidly than other dormant bubble teams in his projections.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sivert » March 12th, 2016, 9:28 am

A Michigan loss today would be great.
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 12th, 2016, 10:00 am

A lot of damage done on other resumes in the last 24 hours. Yesterday was very, very good for Wichita fans.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball