Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Postby Wufan » March 2nd, 2016, 6:24 am

ShoxNAwe wrote:I believe it was said that this is the first time in the 109 years of the MVC that two players from the same team have been on the All MVC Team for three years.

First time that two guards were first team All-MVC. On three other occasions teammates were were All-MVC three times, with the last occasion being over 40 years ago (and the first being over 90 years ago). Those teams that also had the award: Missouri, Memphis, Louisville.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redhawk » March 19th, 2016, 12:53 pm

Sorry to see the Shocker's season end but what a 4 year run by Fred Van Vleet and Ron Baker.
Not only great players but even better representatives for the MVC. They always did it with hard effort, toughness and class. They also remained very humble despite the accolades and nationwide recognition they earned.
Congratulations Fred and Ron on an epic 4 year run and earning a spot among all the MVC greats!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ShoxNAwe » March 20th, 2016, 9:11 am

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on- ... d-vanvleet

What a wonderful recap of their careers, highlighting their impact on WSU, the MVC and all of college basketball.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » March 20th, 2016, 2:38 pm

Wonderful and historic careers for both these guys.

I do wonder what's next for them. Will the NBA come calling? European basketball? You have to think it's one or the other for both.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » March 20th, 2016, 2:59 pm

glm38 wrote:Wonderful and historic careers for both these guys.

I do wonder what's next for them. Will the NBA come calling? European basketball? You have to think it's one or the other for both.

These guys have their eyes set on the real deal so I'm guessing they'll go D-League if they don't make it to the NBA out of college. Way more money in Europe but the D-league has an easier path.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » October 21st, 2016, 9:41 pm

Hey I saw where Gavin Thurman signed to play professionally for the Orangeville As of the NBL of Canada.

And in case you missed it, the New York Knicks of the NBA (USA) ate a million dollar contract so as to clear room to sign Ron Baker.

Congrats to both young men !
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » October 22nd, 2016, 3:37 pm

Now it's been announced that VanVleet will be on the Raptors 15-man roster on opening day. He made the cut out of training camp.

I sold these guys short when I started the thread. I should have predicted (before they ever played a game) that they were 2 future NBA players, but I like to be cautious with my hype of players.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSpringsBird » October 22nd, 2016, 3:54 pm

Aargh wrote:Now it's been announced that VanVleet will be on the Raptors 15-man roster on opening day. He made the cut out of training camp.

I sold these guys short when I started the thread. I should have predicted (before they ever played a game) that they were 2 future NBA players, but I like to be cautious with my hype of players.

Great to see!
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Stickboy46 » January 16th, 2017, 11:52 am

Baker is starting today for the Knicks at noon on NBA TV.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 16th, 2017, 12:06 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:Baker is starting today for the Knicks at noon on NBA TV.

Just like you Shocker fans... always bringing up the past.... ;) ;) ;)

This is awesome to see. Glad they're both doing well and hopefully they can take advantage of the situations they are in. Great for the Valley and Wichita!

:Cheers:
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball