No votes
Greg (Boo) Williams, MSU
No votes
Juwan McCloud, UNI
22%

Total votes : 49

MVC FOY

Postby Wufan » November 5th, 2016, 10:01 am

Same as POY, pick a freshman not on your team...my apologies if I leave anyone stellar off the list as I went with the highest rated player from each team per verbal commits (minimum 3*).
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

MVC FOY

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC FOY

Postby ACECARD » November 5th, 2016, 6:43 pm

I don't know enough about any of the players listed to make an intelligent vote. Only thing I really know is that John Hall will be the Aces best freshman. At 6'7", and 215 lbs. he has the look of a star all over him. From what I have seen of him, I would say that he was overlooked by a lot of power conference teams.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 5th, 2016, 6:57 pm

ACECARD wrote:I don't know enough about any of the players listed to make an intelligent vote. Only thing I really know is that John Hall will be the Aces best freshman. At 6'7", and 215 lbs. he has the look of a star all over him. From what I have seen of him, I would say that he was overlooked by a lot of power conference teams.

Yeah, this was a hard list to put together. I appreciate the info on Hall, but honestly, this is the first mention of him that I recall. He likely wouldn't have received a ton of votes because of that.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mule » November 5th, 2016, 8:50 pm

ACECARD wrote:I don't know enough about any of the players listed to make an intelligent vote. Only thing I really know is that John Hall will be the Aces best freshman. At 6'7", and 215 lbs. he has the look of a star all over him. From what I have seen of him, I would say that he was overlooked by a lot of power conference teams.

John Hall looked very good at the intersquad game. I don't know if that will translate to playing time and success this season but bodes well for the future. Silas Adheke is redshirting this season. His story, recruitment, and red shirting is documented in the link.
http://www.courierpress.com/story/sport ... /89602200/
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » November 6th, 2016, 7:44 am

You can probably cross Dolven off this list. Based on last night's exhibition game, I will be surprised if he ever plays other than at garbage time.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BEARZ77 » November 6th, 2016, 7:54 am

Greg Boogie Williams will rs for Missouri State so we will not really have any frosh other than two walkons contribute. However, for NOY we will have a couple high level candidates. Ist exhibition game last nite after the closed scrimmage against UMKC, saw Alize Johnson go for 26 pts and 11 rbs. Two other jucos , Rousseau and Rhodes each went for 11 pts I think.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » November 6th, 2016, 9:28 am

I believe it'll be Shamet but since I can't vote for him I went with McCloud. I know UNI is high on him and he should get plenty of opportunities to shine.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 6th, 2016, 4:25 pm

No jailbirds on the selection list??
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 6th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:No jailbirds on the selection list??

None of their freshman rated better than 2*. Also, please refrain from calling them jailbirds. They serve no time in jail or suspended for their crimes. They're just dicks.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » November 6th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Wufan wrote:They serve no time in jail or suspended for their crimes.

I believe they were arrested, were they not? And what does not being suspended have to do with anything? If anything, that just shows the lack of discipline going on within the program.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball