November 28th - December 2nd MVC games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: November 28th - December 2nd MVC games

Postby specialsauce » November 30th, 2016, 9:18 pm

George Mason is ranked #223 in KenPom. They have losses to Towson and 1-7 Mt. St. Mary's at home. And now they have a win on UNI's home floor.

Not a good look.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby isumvc1 » November 30th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Come on here Drake, don't do what MSU did at DePaul here a few games ago!
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » November 30th, 2016, 9:25 pm

well crap, Drake leads the entire way, then loses by 2 in the last few seconds at DePaul.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » November 30th, 2016, 9:26 pm

MVC gonna MVC.

Drake loses 77-75.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » November 30th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Bulldogs led by 15 with about 10 to go, then get outscored 28-11 the rest of the way.

Playing not to lose instead of playing to win.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MSUDuo » November 30th, 2016, 9:30 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Bulldogs led by 15 with about 10 to go, then get outscored 28-11 the rest of the way.

Playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Exactly what MO State did. 6 years and Lusk still hasn't learned
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby AceMatt » November 30th, 2016, 9:34 pm

It's the story of the year so far in the conference. 2-16 in games decided by 5 or fewer points.
AceMatt
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Blers » November 30th, 2016, 10:03 pm

AceMatt wrote:Everytime I check a Loyola box score, Aundre Jackson always stands out. How are the Loyola fans feeling about him? Was he expected to be this good?

Kid can flat out play. I've been comparing him to former Rambler Christian Thomas since the off season (undersized powerfoward graduated two years ago; you may remember him from the Loyola upset over Evansville at the buzzer, he hit the game winning layup) 6'5 but has a WIDE base. He has stellar touch below the rim and great footwork; he has an over under move that i've never seen a player finish so consistently. Norfolk had a huge team so they got a few blocks on him but he looks like a real steal.

Since the season started he's:

-always finished in double figures
-Named newcomer of the week
-Player of the week
-Paradise Jam all tourney team

I think a lot of fans expected him to be solid but he's blown away even my expectations; I'd be very surprised if he didn't end up on the all newcomer team by seasons end.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » December 1st, 2016, 7:59 am

Khan4Cats wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:I figure Drake losing as a given, Bradley as a likely on the road, hoping for the ISUs and SIU to win at home but....

WSU and UE should have gimmes, though I expect Marshall will play his bench the entire second half while Marty leaves the starters in to score 30+. Loyola should be a walk over Norfolk. I don't want to guarantee a UNI win over George Mason, but if they are the team I hope they are, it shouldn't be close.

So 4 should wins, 1 almost certain loss, 4 I have no idea.

Damn, I miss 2005-06.

A Bradley win tonight would be good. EIU isn't a bad team at all.

I was more looking at it being a road game ass leaning towards a loss. EIU isn't great, but any win right now is good for the conference and a road win is a nice stepping stone for Bradley.

Pleasantly surprised to get the two non-WSU games last night. Bradley and SIU picked up games I had as question marks. 5 home games tonight for Valley teams, hope that pays off.

Come on Drake, surprise us. Please?

Well that sucked. Sorry bout that Valley. Sometimes (I hope) the shots just don't fall, and its tough to win that way. Held a team to 54 points, which included a bunch of free throws at the end, you would think that should be a winning formula, but...

I am hoping that this is just a team funk right now and not an indication of the team not being able to shoot straight. Still early and a chance to right that ship, but it's repeating a pattern for UNI. I trust Jake can get things turned. Hopefully we get Lohaus back this weekend to help also.

Overall, 7-2 is a pretty good stretch with Drake even showing a pulse on the road against a Big East team. UNI was a massive let-down for what could have been 8-1.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ahunte1 » December 1st, 2016, 9:55 am

Blers wrote:
AceMatt wrote:Everytime I check a Loyola box score, Aundre Jackson always stands out. How are the Loyola fans feeling about him? Was he expected to be this good?

Kid can flat out play. I've been comparing him to former Rambler Christian Thomas since the off season (undersized powerfoward graduated two years ago; you may remember him from the Loyola upset over Evansville at the buzzer, he hit the game winning layup) 6'5 but has a WIDE base. He has stellar touch below the rim and great footwork; he has an over under move that i've never seen a player finish so consistently. Norfolk had a huge team so they got a few blocks on him but he looks like a real steal.

Yeah, he's been phenomenal for us. He was billed as a player like Christian Thomas, and that is pretty much exactly what he's been. He's 6'5" and plays with a lot of energy. He also moves laterally quite well, much like Montel James learned how to do last year. He's got a real knack for scoring and rebounding. Great to see a newcomer play with so much confidence right out of the gate.
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball