OMG WTF UNI?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

OMG WTF UNI?

Postby bigdawg » December 21st, 2016, 9:46 pm

Losing 85-42 to NC after getting pounded by a crappy Iowa team. Damn. Didn't think I'd see the day when Jakes team got worked like this.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

OMG WTF UNI?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: OMG WTF UNI?

Postby uniftw » December 22nd, 2016, 8:23 am

bigdawg wrote:Losing 85-42 to NC after getting pounded by a crappy Iowa team. Damn. Didn't think I'd see the day when Jakes team got worked like this.

The first half was good. Second half got a bit sloppy and it got real bad late after the benches cleared at about 20 points. Shockingly the 8-13 players for UNC are a lot better than 8-13 for UNI.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSpringsBird » December 22nd, 2016, 8:32 am

uniftw wrote:
bigdawg wrote:Losing 85-42 to NC after getting pounded by a crappy Iowa team. Damn. Didn't think I'd see the day when Jakes team got worked like this.

The first half was good. Second half got a bit sloppy and it got real bad late after the benches cleared at about 20 points. Shockingly the 8-13 players for UNC are a lot better than 8-13 for UNI.

UNI looked really good in the first half. North Carolina's superior athleticism took its toll in the second half. Not much to be done about that. The way UNC played in the second half, it would have blown out any Valley team.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » December 22nd, 2016, 9:06 am

WSpringsBird wrote:
uniftw wrote:

UNI looked really good in the first half. North Carolina's superior athleticism took its toll in the second half. Not much to be done about that. The way UNC played in the second half, it would have blown out any Valley team.

Yup.

UNC started the second half on a 17-6 run. With 6 minutes left it was "only" 21 points. It was pretty even throughmost of the game outside of that quick burst to start the second half. After that it more or less evened back out. Benches cleared due to the score and it got real ugly real quick.

Turns out UNC having bench players that are 4 star recruits makes a real big difference when going against UNI's deep bench which is mostly zero star recruits.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 22nd, 2016, 9:16 am

Any one on here at the game? Looked like there were quite a few UNI fans at the game.

I've been to a lot of games there and it can be imposing, a sea of light blue. A loud sea at times.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » December 22nd, 2016, 9:21 am

Game was brutal, i gotta credit UNI's first half effort though, Morgan also seemed way off his normal prime time performance standards.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » December 22nd, 2016, 9:44 am

Upper level Valley schools should never lose by 43 points. People will see the final score and it is not a good look. It's a SWAC level look. Excuses be damned.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bigdawg » December 22nd, 2016, 9:47 am

specialsauce wrote:Upper level Valley schools should never lose by 43 points. People will see the final score and it is not a good look. It's a SWAC level look. Excuses be damned.

:+1:
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » December 22nd, 2016, 11:01 am

specialsauce wrote:Upper level Valley schools should never lose by 43 points. People will see the final score and it is not a good look. It's a SWAC level look. Excuses be damned.

Are we sure that UNI is an upper half valley team this year? They are 4-6 vs D1 with their 6 losses by an average of 18 points
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bigdawg » December 22nd, 2016, 11:17 am

Stickboy46 wrote:

Are we sure that UNI is an upper half valley team this year? They are 4-6 vs D1 with their 6 losses by an average of 18 points

I'm sure. Have you seen the bottom half?
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball