MVC NCOY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 29th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:
ShoxNAwe wrote:Apparently so because we all know that Illinois State has the best talent yet again this year. I suppose we won't see their entry in the race until tonight against Evansville.

Phil Fayne: 17 pts on 8/12 shooting, 5 rebounds and 4 blocks :)

:+1:

I stand corrected
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DUBulldog » December 29th, 2016, 10:19 pm

De'tae McMurray averaging 24 points and 6 assists with 6:1 A:TO ratio in MVC play. :dance:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aargh » December 29th, 2016, 10:27 pm

In an Illinois State game I watched on ESPN3, an announcer did say that Illinois State had the best talent in the league. That little sound clip might make it into some Valley film sessions.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » December 30th, 2016, 7:45 am

Aargh wrote:In an Illinois State game I watched on ESPN3, an announcer did say that Illinois State had the best talent in the league. That little sound clip might make it into some Valley film sessions.

The ESPN3 telecasts are produced by the schools so that announcer would definitely be biased.
I would say the Shockers have the best talent followed by ISUr and MSU. If the Redbird announcer was
including their two transfers on the bench that would help ISU close the gap overall!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 30th, 2016, 8:13 am

Redhawk wrote:
Aargh wrote:In an Illinois State game I watched on ESPN3, an announcer did say that Illinois State had the best talent in the league. That little sound clip might make it into some Valley film sessions.

The ESPN3 telecasts are produced by the schools so that announcer would definitely be biased.
I would say the Shockers have the best talent followed by ISUr and MSU. If the Redbird announcer was
including their two transfers on the bench that would help ISU close the gap overall!

We have some major homer announcers for ISUr...again somebody somewhere.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » December 30th, 2016, 9:55 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
We have some major homer announcers for ISUr...again somebody somewhere.

I can't stand Bob Morris, he just breathes heavily into the mic the whole game and rambles on about everything.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AceMatt » December 30th, 2016, 10:16 am

Rollbird5 wrote:I can't stand Bob Morris, he just breathes heavily into the mic the whole game and rambles on about everything.

That breathing got on my nerves real quick. I had to mute it and listen to the Aces radio broadcast.
AceMatt
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby bleach » December 30th, 2016, 10:46 am

The color guy for the WSU/ISU game on FOX was awful. That said, I love me some MVC TV games so who cares.
The MSU guys are not good when it's Ned Reynolds (can't follow the game) and Kelby Stuckey (homer).
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » December 30th, 2016, 10:52 am

bleach wrote:The color guy for the WSU/ISU game on FOX was awful.

That was former player Aubrey Sherrod, making a special guest appearance. I believe that was his first time commentating in any sort of capacity.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bleach » December 30th, 2016, 11:10 am

Maybe so and maybe he was real nervous but if it wasn't a Shocker, he didn't know their name.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball