Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby DUBulldog » August 19th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Tai Bibbs from West Chicago, Illinois....I've seen him listed anywhere from 6'0" to 6'3"....considered one of top 20 players in Illinois.

Picked Drake over offers from Buffalo, Belmont, Ball State, Evansville, Toledo and several more mid-majors.
User avatar
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby Wufan » August 19th, 2016, 5:24 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Tai Bibbs from West Chicago, Illinois....I've seen him listed anywhere from 6'0" to 6'3"....considered one of top 20 players in Illinois.

Picked Drake over offers from Buffalo, Belmont, Ball State, Evansville, Toledo and several more mid-majors.


Can Gia do anything with talent?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: October 19th, 2010, 8:14 pm

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby DUBulldog » August 20th, 2016, 9:37 am

Wufan wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:Tai Bibbs from West Chicago, Illinois....I've seen him listed anywhere from 6'0" to 6'3"....considered one of top 20 players in Illinois.

Picked Drake over offers from Buffalo, Belmont, Ball State, Evansville, Toledo and several more mid-majors.


Can Gia do anything with talent?


That is yet to be seen. He was doing real well with Phelps' talent his first year, until Gary Ricks went down with injury toward the end of the non-conference season.

His first two recruiting classes (which consisted of 11 players total), he put far too much emphasis on size, not nearly enough on quickness and length. (it didn't help last season when the most athletic player on the team missed almost the entire conference season with injury).

Based on last season's recruits and this season's commitments, it's obvious that he realized his mistake. It will be interesting to see how his style of play changes with more quickness available.
User avatar
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby DUBulldog » January 1st, 2017, 11:56 am

Bibbs has also requested his release from Drake, and will re-open his recruitment.
User avatar
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby tribecalledquest » January 1st, 2017, 11:22 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Bibbs has also requested his release from Drake, and will re-open his recruitment.


IMO, Kirk is the bigger loss and the better player.
tribecalledquest
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 883
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:57 am

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby DUBulldog » January 2nd, 2017, 9:12 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:Bibbs has also requested his release from Drake, and will re-open his recruitment.


IMO, Kirk is the bigger loss and the better player.


Agree, but think both will end up at a level above the MVC.
User avatar
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby Blers » January 4th, 2017, 12:24 pm

Huge bummer losing both these guys. Bibbs is a talent, and Kirk could have been a major building block moving forward.
Blers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 178
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby Blers » March 20th, 2017, 8:02 am

Bibbs has received an offer from Loyola.
Blers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 178
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby Snaggletooth » March 25th, 2017, 10:02 pm

Blers wrote:Bibbs has received an offer from Loyola.


He is 2-star recruit

Looking at recruiting classes. LUC has the best with 3-star, 3.3-star. BU has 3-star, ISUB has 3-star. Everybody else has just 2-star recruits except for SIU/DU - they have no committals.
User avatar
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: August 10th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby Wufan » March 26th, 2017, 6:34 am

Snaggletooth wrote:
Blers wrote:Bibbs has received an offer from Loyola.


He is 2-star recruit

Looking at recruiting classes. LUC has the best with 3-star, 3.3-star. BU has 3-star, ISUB has 3-star. Everybody else has just 2-star recruits except for SIU/DU - they have no committals.


Not to take anything away from Loyola or to add any additional unneeded "look at us, we are WSU" hype, but I'm going to:

WSU has two signees. The first is a pre-season JUCO AA combo guard...he's a 2* as almost all JCs are. The second player hasn't been seen by any of the major recruiting sites because he plays professionally in Europe. The 7 foot center played in Two events in the states this summer and was equaled only by Ejike Obina, top 100 PF. He was also listed as the #3 center in his class in all of Europe, and that site stated that he was equivalent to a top 100 US player. Other offers were from NC State and Pittsburgh.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: October 19th, 2010, 8:14 pm

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby BEARZ77 » March 26th, 2017, 7:02 am

Bears will add at least two more in Spring, but of note is that they will have rs Greg Boogie Williams who was a 3*** top 150 ish from previous year, and 50/50 chance on return of Ronnie Rousseau who was a juco AA and was averaging 11 ppg when he went out last year.
BEARZ77
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 470
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby tribecalledquest » March 27th, 2017, 10:41 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Bears will add at least two more in Spring, but of note is that they will have rs Greg Boogie Williams who was a 3*** top 150 ish from previous year, and 50/50 chance on return of Ronnie Rousseau who was a juco AA and was averaging 11 ppg when he went out last year.


If Rousseau comes back Mo State has to be the leader in the clubhouse to finish 2nd behind the Shox...or first if they leave.
tribecalledquest
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 883
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:57 am

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


cron