January 4th MVC games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: January 4th MVC games

Postby squirrel » January 6th, 2017, 3:38 pm

To be fair, Bradley is playing uptempo with an objective to get a shot off in the first 10-15 seconds of possessions. However, they have spent a few games deliberately slowing it down.

And it perhaps hasn't shown in box scores consistently, but the Braves have done a pretty good job of keeping opposing teams top 1-2 offensive threats in check. They are starting to force the rest of the team to beat them.

Additionally, BU is solidly in the top half of DI in defensive efficiency, which in and of itself is remarkable, considering where the program was last season.
Last edited by squirrel on January 6th, 2017, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ptownbraves » January 6th, 2017, 3:42 pm

Old School MVC wrote:Are we talking about Bradley being a Lock down Defense? They have allowed 78 pts per game in conference? And 2/3 of their games have been placed against teams picked to be in the Bottom 4 of the Conference. I am glad to see Bradley playing a little better, but please, let's not go overboard calling them a "Lock Down" Defense!

What's wrong with using a little hyperbole on a conference message board when your team has been terrible for 10 years and is now showing signs of improvement? FWIW, I excluded the WSU game in the original post.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby underdawg » January 6th, 2017, 3:42 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
underdawg wrote:
ptownbraves wrote:Nice to see Bradley get a Valley road win against a team picked ahead of them in the preseason. I'm not going to get too high on this win as they still turned it over 18 times and allowed 16 offensive rebounds, but Bradley's defense limited Evansville to 12 made field goals after locking down SIU in a similar fashion.

PLEASE SIU missed tons of completely open shots in their loss to the Gargoyles--they weren't "locked down"==you'll find that out when you come here

You went 2-26 from three...maybe we were just letting you shoot them, and try to be a little more creative with your insults. Calling us Gargoyles is cheap and easy, not to mention dumb. You're making all the Wichita guys look clever.

Jeese--YOUR FRICKIN MASCOT IS A GARGOYLE--you don't know that??????
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 6th, 2017, 5:36 pm

I'm just happy for once it's not Shocker fans vs. Redbird fans arguing hyperbole!

Special Sauce - he was calling Shocker fans dumb.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSpringsBird » January 6th, 2017, 6:19 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I'm just happy for once it's not Shocker fans vs. Redbird fans arguing hyperbole!

I thought specialsauce's response was a joke. Wasn't it?
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 6th, 2017, 8:00 pm

WSpringsBird wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:I'm just happy for once it's not Shocker fans vs. Redbird fans arguing hyperbole!

I thought specialsauce's response was a joke. Wasn't it?

No idea. There is no sarcasm emoji....although there really should be.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 7th, 2017, 1:58 pm

Bradley has played three MVC games thus far. In two of them the defense appeared to be pretty good (judging off the offensive performance of the opponent). The other game the defense appeared to be dog crap (judging off the offensive performance of the opponent).

I'm not sure what else there is to say about it.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BradleyFan71 » January 7th, 2017, 7:53 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Bradley has played three MVC games thus far. In two of them the defense appeared to be pretty good (judging off the offensive performance of the opponent). The other game the defense appeared to be dog crap (judging off the offensive performance of the opponent).

I'm not sure what else there is to say about it.

Terrible defense tonight and so much for the apparent strategy of taking out the other team's best player.
24 - Doyle
31 - Bradley
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » January 7th, 2017, 8:34 pm

That's what made the Aces-Bradley game so gut wrenching. I knew Bradley wasn't that good.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Old School MVC » January 7th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Old School MVC wrote:Are we talking about Bradley being a Lock down Defense? They have allowed 78 pts per game in conference? And 2/3 of their games have been placed against teams picked to be in the Bottom 4 of the Conference. I am glad to see Bradley playing a little better, but please, let's not go overboard calling them a "Lock Down" Defense!

Bradley's defense gave up their average tonight against Loyola........78
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball