Thoughts on SIU. Impressed or not?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Thoughts on SIU. Impressed or not?

Postby Wufan » January 9th, 2017, 11:39 am

SIU has a one game lead on four teams for third place. Every team behind the Salukis has at least one game against WSU/ISUr. SIU has faced neither to this point. To me, this just says what we already knew...it's going to be a dogfight for third place. In my mind, SIU is no closer to being a third place team than they are to being a Thursday team at this point in the season. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be excited for the 3-1 start!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » January 9th, 2017, 11:53 am

specialsauce wrote:There's been no attention since there haven't been any SIU fans over here since 2007.

That's not entirely true but that's a great one liner. Well done. :D

I saw the Salukis in person last weekend and I was impressed. I think they could surprise everyone.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 9th, 2017, 11:54 am

SalukiHoops wrote:SIU could easily be 4-0 right now in Valley play. They sit at 3-1 yet get no attention. Should teams lookout for them?

I always love the..."could easily be" posts. They could also easily be 2-2 since they had an OT game.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » January 9th, 2017, 1:52 pm

As an SIU fan--they have to show consistency for me to completely buy in--yet they HAVE won those three games with out having their top scorer (injured foot--Fletcher). That's fairly impressive--also a starter from last year is out for the season (Smithpeters only played one game) and of course Bola transferred.

6-5 sophomore guard Sean Lloyd, true freshman Aaron Cook (five steals in the game against Drake), and 6-6 JUCo guard Jonathan Wiley have stepped up. Plus Seniors O'Brien (two double=doubles in last three games) and Mike Rodriguez (22 points against MSU) have played well.
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball