Wed, Jan 11th. 5th MVC Game

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wed, Jan 11th. 5th MVC Game

Postby hot nuts » January 10th, 2017, 2:00 pm

Shockers - Loyola's been the most unpredictable but the Shockers are the Shockers
Salukis - Salukis have every reason to win the battle of motivation
Bears - Give me the home team
Bulldogs - Give me the home team
Panthers - Perhaps just stubborn preconceived ideas that don't match up with reality
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 10th, 2017, 5:03 pm

WSU
Ill State
Mo State
DU
BU
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 11th, 2017, 10:11 am

Really interested in the SIU-ISU game.

In years past, ISU teams would crap the bed in this game as the showdown with the Shox looms. Will this year be different?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 11th, 2017, 10:24 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Really interested in the SIU-ISU game.

In years past, ISU teams would crap the bed in this game as the showdown with the Shox looms. Will this year be different?

Cautiously optimistic. We should win though, but like you said, we like to crap the bed in these types of games so I would not be surprised.

We are considered SIU's biggest rival as well to their fans. It's their "black out" game, so as WSU fans say...the Super Bowl for them!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Majik45 » January 11th, 2017, 10:33 am

I think the two most interesting games tonight are ISU@SIU and UNI@BU.

We'll see if ISU can challenge WSU to win the valley tonight, as they need a win like this to compete. Also interesting for SIU as they will have won 4 in a row after dropping the game at Bradley.

If UNI loses @ Bradley tonight, they are definitely in danger of being a play in team. We'll see how Bradley responds after getting drubbed at home by Loyola.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 11th, 2017, 12:00 pm

Majik45 wrote:If UNI loses @ Bradley tonight, they are definitely in danger of being a play in team. We'll see how Bradley responds after getting drubbed at home by Loyola.

Say it ain't so, Joe.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby James_SIU » January 11th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Having gone to every SIU game the last 10 years I can't tell that we have a "rival" anymore. Obviously WSU games bring in the biggest crowds but other than that every game feels the same in the arena to me. The Blackout game seems to be a random opponent as well. It is all about the cancer research funding. Creighton was our only rival for years...really doesn't feel like we have a replacement.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 11th, 2017, 12:46 pm

James_SIU wrote:Having gone to every SIU game the last 10 years I can't tell that we have a "rival" anymore. Obviously WSU games bring in the biggest crowds but other than that every game feels the same in the arena to me. The Blackout game seems to be a random opponent as well. It is all about the cancer research funding. Creighton was our only rival for years...really doesn't feel like we have a replacement.

A small sample size of your fan base on your message board disagrees...and they seem to hate us as well.

http://salukination.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 656c436cc0

Hard to have a true rival when you haven't been any good at all in the last 10 years! And before I get attacked, yes we haven't been to the NCAAs since 1998, but we have made the finals of Arch in 4 of the last 9 years. So we have been good, just not good enough.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 11th, 2017, 12:59 pm

Making the finals of a tournament of valley teams does not qualify one as a "good" team.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » January 11th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Making the finals of a tournament of valley teams does not qualify one as a "good" team.

Would you accept, relevant? At least MVC relevant?
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball