Wed, Jan 11th. 5th MVC Game

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wed, Jan 11th. 5th MVC Game

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 11th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Play Angry wrote:

I'm a dipshit huh? You STILL don't understand the argument, and the reason you refuse is because it's one in which you lose.

You clearly don't understand English, and your Shocker degree is showing as the toilet paper it truly is.

This is the end of the conversation with you because your diatribe is ridiculous.

As to Saturday, it's a toss-up. I wish you guys the best of luck, and am glad our schools will be 6-0 and 5-1 at the end of the day. Your ill will towards myself and the Birds shows the lack of winning with class that I've called out since joining this board. Good luck to you guys! These are the only 2 games I wont be rooting for you. It's better for the Valley if you continue winning. We'll try and do the same.

Good luck!
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 11th, 2017, 11:00 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Play Angry wrote:Braves win 72-61.

Bradley fans gotta be pretty stoked with what Wardle is doing with this young roster so far.

Yes, UNI is without two starters but good win for Bradley. Other than the last four sloppy minutes the Bradley offense was good.

It helps that Luuk van Bree turned into a UNI player. 20 points and four threes. Best game hes ever played. Double double for Donte Thomas.

I know he had 15 points tonight but UNI fans I think Klint Carlson is doing opposing teams a favor by floating around the three point line every possession. Am I wrong?

I agree terrible usage of Carlson. If anything, they should do some high lows with him and Koch.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » January 11th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Play Angry wrote:

I'm a dipshit huh? You STILL don't understand the argument, and the reason you refuse is because it's one in which you lose.

You clearly don't understand English, and your Shocker degree is showing as the toilet paper it truly is.

This is the end of the conversation with you because your diatribe is ridiculous.

As to Saturday, it's a toss-up. I wish you guys the best of luck, and am glad our schools will be 6-0 and 5-1 at the end of the day. Your ill will towards myself and the Birds shows the lack of winning with class that I've called out since joining this board. Good luck to you guys! These are the only 2 games I wont be rooting for you. It's better for the Valley if you continue winning. We'll try and do the same.

Good luck!

Quote fail, dipshit.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby specialsauce » January 11th, 2017, 11:32 pm

Where did all the UNI fans go? Are they going to go 9-4 to end the season to escape Thursday? It's not looking so hot.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby James__SIU » January 12th, 2017, 2:15 am

Wow that was a nice wall of text debating how ISU has been better than SIU the last 10 years...an argument I had no intention of having.
1. I miss states. I've missed maybe 4 games since my jr yr in HS 2004. So 13 years of going to SIU games so I got to see some good basketball. Like our 5 game win streak in the Qwest center right after they opened it.

2. I don't think any valley team has been worse than SIU the last 10 years. Has been pretty painful at times but I still find enjoyment in watching the handful of good players we have had over they years. Faye, Jackson, Beane just to name a few.

3. Congrats on the win to ISU. We couldn't buy a bucket the 2nd half. Was nice to have Fletcher back though.

4. Typical message board SIU fans hate every valley team with a passion. I never go to our boards anymore. If you throw football into the mix for picking our "rival" these last 10 years I'd say it would be Northern Iowa. Then probably the birds. Just my 2 cents.
James__SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 12th, 2017, 6:39 am

James__SIU wrote:Typical message board SIU fans hate every valley team with a passion. I never go to our boards anymore.

Yeah, I never read the SIU board anymore either. Just 100s pages of how Hinson is Satan Incarnate. They seem to run off the their own pariahs.

SalukiTalk in the Lowery era should've been preserved in a museum tho. :dance:
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 12th, 2017, 8:31 am

James__SIU wrote:Wow that was a nice wall of text debating how ISU has been better than SIU the last 10 years...an argument I had no intention of having.

I really wasn't trying to argue much about that, other than to state that a rivalry must be two sided. In the last 10 years it has not been with ISUr and SIU. The same can be said for ISUr and Bradley (45 minutes away from each other).

Sorry about that. WSU fans pounced on it, as they normally do, to degrade Illinois State and it went off the rocker for a few pages.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » January 12th, 2017, 8:32 am

James__SIU wrote:I don't think any valley team has been worse than SIU the last 10 years. Has been pretty painful at times but I still find enjoyment in watching the handful of good players we have had over they years. Faye, Jackson, Beane just to name a few.

God...I hated Carlton Fay.

Always torched Bradley.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » January 12th, 2017, 10:10 am

specialsauce wrote:Man, for all of those who think Marshall whines about everything, I submit Porter Moser. He was a maniac from the opening tip. And I mean a complete lunatic. He worked the officials EVERY time they came down the floor. EVERY time. Came across as a major whiner and made Marshall look like St. Francis.

As to the game, WSU had a chance to bury Loyola up 19 with about 10 minutes left, but made some stupid turnovers and missed a decent amount of free throws during that stretch. Loyola got quite a few calls with the bullrush moves. Overall, it was a poorly officiated game on both sides. WSU just is too much offensively and hit some big daggers like winners do. We also only beat Loyola by 12 during our undefeated year. You can't beat every team to a pulp by 30 at Koch. It's only natural and I think a closer game helps WSU in the long run as they haven't had too many of those in the Valley this year.

Hahahahaha had to keep pace with Marshall! It certainly kept things evenly bad after some brutal calls early. At Arch Madness last year against Wichita he was warned to stop stepping off the bench while Marshall was about 3 feet on the court. I remember a local media member tweeting about how incongruous their was.

https://twitter.com/Catch_N_Shoot/statu ... 6634449920

The two are definitely some of the more entertaining coaches to watch on the sidelines.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball